• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Option To Pay For No Ads

jcesl2

I should Work at Oakley
Virginia
I haven't seen anything about this option. As much time as I spend on here, I don't mind supporting the site. Then again, since joining this forum I've spent thousands, so maybe it owes me...

Anyway, $5 a month and no ads? Or $50 a year? I would assume the advertising revenue is less than that. Is this possible?

For some reason, AdChoices thinks that I want a Russian bride. Been there, done that, need a divorce. Anyway, those pictures of the possible brides aren't always the best ads to be displayed while you're at work. Which got me thinking about this.

I had to delete the previous answers because what they discussed violated our ads terms and services. Per this recommendation I went ahead and added an option to disable ads. Currently I made it $7/Month, $50/Year. To purchase the no ads option, you will simply go to http://www.oakleyforum.com/payments.php

You can also read more about it here: http://www.oakleyforum.com/removeads.php

I thought about offering this for a while, but figured no one was interested. I will send out a PM to let everyone know about this and most likely make a small tab with the information. If anyone has any problems or issues feel free to PM me or email admin@Oakleyforum.com

Does anyone have any additional options they might like to see along with this, besides no advertisements?

I added storage for 1000 Private messages. I was also thinking of adding a lifetime subscription, that would be good for the life of your account, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested?

On other forums I have seen paid benefits such as "Supporter" badges, picture uploading(instead of using imageshack), animated profile pictures etc.

Would love to hear what you guys would like?

Just updated the program. It is now renamed "Premium" Membership. You can read about all of the benefits here: The Oakley Forum - Premium Membership

But to summarize you get:

• NO Advertisements site-wide!
  • The ability to have an Animated Profile Picture.
  • Storage for 2,000 Private Messages!
  • Send 15 Private messages for every 60 seconds. (i.e, For every 60 seconds you can send 15 messages)
  • Storage for 200 Album Pictures!
  • Maximum PM recipients is 15!
  • If we add any features in the future, you will automatically receive them!

The private messages cannot be unlimited for time because it would be a major vulnerability and could crash the site, same with the posts. However I believe 15 Messages in 60 seconds is definitely enough!

I am working on decreasing the time between posts! Currently it is set at 30 seconds. It is more complicated than the private messages and will take some time to get it implemented. However once that is implemented it will apply to all existing premium members.

Does anyone have any additional options they might like to see along with this, besides no advertisements?

I added storage for 1000 Private messages. I was also thinking of adding a lifetime subscription, that would be good for the life of your account, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested?

On other forums I have seen paid benefits such as "Supporter" badges, picture uploading(instead of using imageshack), animated profile pictures etc.

Would love to hear what you guys would like?

Im on some forums where if we contribute we have a little button under our name that says premium member or something like that. Would be nice to have that option :). Just an Idea. I am not sure if that falls under supporter badges. Also would be nice to bypass the custom title 1500 posts option if we contribute :).

I am going to be adding a badge that says "premium" member! As for the custom user title, thats just something you have to work for :)

Cool. When was the last time you bought something, then they kept giving you more stuff for free, and then gave you some of your money back? Wish this happened every time I bought something.

The premium member thing looks cool. Can we get Oakley style serial numbers? lol. PREM00012 would look cool in my signature.

I'm joking, you don't have to do that.

Back