• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Oakley Romeo Striped screw

Brad54642

Oakley Beginner
Dallas
I have a pair of Romeo's I bought new like 18 years ago, I was wanting to swap out the lens, I already purchased some but one of my screws I have striped and can't seem to unscrew the screw. I have taken so good care of these other than getting them caught on a door and I assume that's what made it so the screw won't come out. I have tried everything to get this crew out, rubber bands inside against the tool, better tools, I was thinking maybe taking to a jeweler to get them fixed, I don't mind paying at all to fix them, they are in awesome condition other than that screw won't come out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Brad

thumbnail.jpeg

I have a pair of Romeo's I bought new like 18 years ago, I was wanting to swap out the lens, I already purchased some but one of my screws I have striped and can't seem to unscrew the screw. I have taken so good care of these other than getting them caught on a door and I assume that's what made it so the screw won't come out. I have tried everything to get this crew out, rubber bands inside against the tool, better tools, I was thinking maybe taking to a jeweler to get them fixed, I don't mind paying at all to fix them, they are in awesome condition other than that screw won't come out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Brad

View attachment 545999

Send them to @zwc0442 to fix

Having these for almost 20 years, I’m a little nervous sending to soneone, sure you can imagine. I assume this is someone who regularly works on these to fix? Do they have a website or something to check out?

Having these for almost 20 years, I’m a little nervous sending to soneone, sure you can imagine. I assume this is someone who regularly works on these to fix? Do they have a website or something to check out?
You can trust him with them man. He has anodized several frames for me. He's already been tagged on this thread and I'm sure he'll chime in. I completely understand not wanting to send them off, but there are several people on this forum that do this sort of work and are a HELL of a LOT safer than sending to Oakley. Please don't EVER send to oakley if you want to see them again or, even worse, get them back completely destroyed....

Edit: I realize you never mentioned sending to Oakley, I just wanted to let you know, in case it was somewhere in the back of your mind, that it is a horrible idea, lol.

Thank you all for the info, I did considering sending to Oakley, since I have tried about everything I can think of, before this post it was send to Oakley or try and drill out the screw my self.

Back