• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Original Oakley Romeo Striped screw

Thank you all for the info, I did considering sending to Oakley, since I have tried about everything I can think of, before this post it was send to Oakley or try and drill out the screw my self.
Take our advice and let a professional drill out the screw. You get 1 shot and your done. There is no easy repair if it gets messed up (may not be repairable at all). Unless you are super handy and skilled at drilling out small bits of metal I'd see if somebody like Zach can do it first. Can always resort to that method if the professional can't do it (but I'm betting they can). Good time to get new rubber and maybe some new lenses for it as well. @Chris A Hardaway is in CA like Zach and can custom cut Oakley lenses at his optical shop. I had Zach redo my daily Rx frame and he sent to @Chris A Hardaway to have my new Rx lenses installed, then Chris sent them back to me. Good group of folks and I trust them with my frames... Please post pics when they are all done! We'd love to see them back in action!

I have a pair of Romeo's I bought new like 18 years ago, I was wanting to swap out the lens, I already purchased some but one of my screws I have striped and can't seem to unscrew the screw. I have taken so good care of these other than getting them caught on a door and I assume that's what made it so the screw won't come out. I have tried everything to get this crew out, rubber bands inside against the tool, better tools, I was thinking maybe taking to a jeweler to get them fixed, I don't mind paying at all to fix them, they are in awesome condition other than that screw won't come out. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Brad

View attachment 545999
Depend on your location, if you want a back up - for the help on removing a stripped screw on any X-metal - (in addition to Zach @zwc0442), you can send to Australia Ronnie who is good on removing such stuff. He has helped me two or three times with terrible broken screw stuck in there.

You can reach Ronnie via @jdd32

Good luck!

here is a better pic

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

Back