• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Out Of All Frames, What Are Your Most Favorite And Least Favorite Frame?

Favourite: Hijinx

Least Favourite: Everything else.

What people forget about the Hijinx is that it marked a point where the game changed.

Everything before it looked the same as each other.
A batch of samey sports frames.
A batch of samey Metals.
And stuff that looked like Frogs. And more Frogs. And Supreme Frogs. And super-duper collectors Frogs.

Then the Hijinx came along.

And now everything after that looks the same as each other.
Holes in the stems.
And, oh yeah, more colors of Frogs of course . . . .

<Herbsley walks away from the lit fuse>
:biggrin:

Favorite: Radar for cycling and Flak for cycling, driving.
Least: If I had a choice I'd say Oil Rig.

Radar is just awesome in customizing look, I can go from USA, to my school color and then to college color in 1 frame. Same with flak, except I do not like change the inner piece of the earsocks. I do not hate any of the Oakley styles, but Oil Rig's ear stems looks awkward to me.

looking at the strong points i like almost every model oakley has ever made, and have examples of most as a result. some pieces i love include OOE, mars, juliet, frogskins, oil rig, but the list extends much further.
favourite individual glasses;- super sports pro m frame. zero 0.3. mars-leather gold. thump 2.0 white-black pacha. C6 aluminium.
least; eyeshade. some later '0.' zero models. most womens models.

Over all SJ 2- Fit for me Gascan S-runners up MD MP Flak XLJ
Least fav...I'd rather not offend anyone further but have never been a fan of the wayfarer/Frogskin look or the Holbrook..

Favorites: Jupiter - the non Squared version! There was no sw affliation, they came in the same colorways as the Supreme Frogz (the sample Crystal Red's did come w/ +Red) and they were super comfortable! Really wished they would've done some more colorways though - they didn't get the love they so greatly deserved!

Least Favorite: holbrook - I don't even think it deserves a capital H. Just because sw created it, Oakley now puts these on a pedestal...and you're not going to ever see 24K Iridium in any other frame thanks to these all because its now "sw signature lense color"...bs...I'll never own one and don't care to.

Then the Hijinx came along.

Then the Hijinx came along and set the standard for a generic "lifestyle" plastic frame for users that didn't need the function of the sport frames or the technological uniqueness of the X metals. Maybe the original Fives is more uninspired, but it would be a contest.

Latest Posts

Back