• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Over Tightened Flex Coupler?

Thermonuclear

Oakley Expert
Washington
Hello all!

I was gifted an X-metal with Ruby X-Squared - beautiful condition, but it looks like the flex coupler was over-tightened and now it sits wider than normal, and there's no flex in that piece. Is it just as easy as loosening it a bit? Love them as a little piece of O history, but I'd prefer if I could wear them too!

Just checking to see if this would be a better job for the professionals on the forum or something I could probably do on my own with the correct tool.

I'm away from them currently but can post photos later if that helps!

Thank you -

use different temple shocks if you have them, or completely take them out to see if you can use that as a baseline.

yeah take pics. not sure if we are communicating correctly. the temple shocks adjust the amount of opening of the stems. No temple shocks= as wide open as it gets. you would have to have a really large melon (some people here do, me included) for them to not fit

hope the pic helps bottom has no shocks, top has standard 15

1199F22F-04A3-489C-9DC2-53EA7F55C791.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like the t shocks might be bigger. Try smaller ones or wear it with none. Most x metals I wear have the smallest or no t shocks cuz I have a wide head

I have a pretty wide head also and prefer to use an older slightly worn out Juliet coupler. It provides the extra flex from the bridge that makes them fit me perfectly. I use them in all of my XS, along with OEM 15 temple shox.

Back