1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

Some of you may remember asking how hard it was to change the lenses in the Pit Boss? Well I sent them in and got them back 3 weeks later and the lens has a slight bubble in it. It is so slight that you can take a picture of it but big enough to notice and stick out like a soar thumb to a collector who picks over their glasses with a fine tooth comb. I wonder what my options will be when I call Oakley tomorrow? It cost me $15 for shipping, $110 for lenses, $12 to have UPS pick up the package, and 3 weeks without my glasses. Plus there is still 2 $110 charges on my creditcard statement from Oakley. 1 is an actual charge and the other says "Pending" but it deducts from my available credit. What a mess dealing with them.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Shoulda just changed them yourself lol

But really, that's pretty lame. Can't believe they'd let that out on the pitboss being what it is. I've also heard that they do goofy things with charges as well.

Let us know how it goes

salj838 likes this.
  3. Chelas

Chelas Oakley Beginner

Why did you need them changed? They prob redirected the package to China :biggrin:

4. rmontez

They had a slight scuff on them when I bought them and I wanted to get them back to mint while it was still available.

5. Chelas

Chelas Oakley Beginner

damn that sucks hope they fix it.

6. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Many times on the pending transactions the actual hold up is with your bank and not the debtor. Authorization may have already been issued with Oakley to say this charge is not needed and your bank is still sitting on it. This happens more often then people know or would like.

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

keeping in mind into the future that you could probably have a set custom cut in any color of your choice for less than that. hopefully they resolve this for you soon and make it worth your while

8. rmontez

Thanks for the info guys. I will keep that in mind when I am talking to them today about he lenses, the credit card charge. I'm not into custom cut stuff or different colors so whenever possible I prefer to have the original lenses in my glasses. I have seen some pretty cool color combos but it's just not for me, yet!

9. rmontez

well not a very satisfying response from Oakley. I have to send my glasses back to them for the replacement. They won't trust that there is a bubble and won't allow me to take them to an authorized dealer to verify the defect so they can send replacement lenses. They keep saying replacing the lens is very complicated and should be handled by someone from the warranty department. So another month without my glasses and more UPS fees for droppig off or picking up a package. They did offer me anything I would like to pick out from oakleyvault.com for under $20. LMFAO.

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

What a rip