1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RexxCastle

RexxCastle Oakley Enthusiast

After watching the vault website for the last few months i honestly think people are using purchasing bots to grab merchandise I have seen FAR too many items literally appear in front of me only for me to click and and say "out of stock" within 60 seconds of it popping up..

I just had this happened with the Matte Black/grey Monster dogs that pooped up. I literately saw them come up, added to cart and "sold out" 30 seconds. Considering it is close to 4am on a weekday i cant imagine hordes of Oakley buyers are up on the site.

I have seen apps that to this type of thing on ebay around for years, all they are for the most part is scripts that have set keywords/variables that constantly refresh the site and automatically add and purchase when an item that meets the criteria pops up.

Its very frustrating when a pair of glasses you have actually been hoping to see again on the vault pops up before your eyes only to have them sold out in less than a minute.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Ever go to the Oakly Standard Issue site? I have an account there and they're really cheap.

3. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

The only ones they have on there are the Polarized ones, and they're definitely cheaper.

SI Monster Dog Polarized, Matte Black Frame / Polarized Grey Lens, 12-838
    $90.00
    People Running Purchasing Bots On Oakleyvault - FA3D69A6-3048-812A-2E1CA186851BB63C.jpg

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I would be afraid to use a purchasing bot! What if something gets f**ked up, and you end up purchasing a crapload of stuff?!

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If they are using something like that it's probably the eBay resellers. Notice how Vault items show up on eBay not soon after?

6. BigRich

BigRich Oakley Expert

Don't you have to be a military member or governement employee to buy there?

7. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Oh yeah, I forgot that part.....

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

A lot of the previously sold out pairs that hit the Vault site again have very limited quantities (like 1 or 2 units), so it could just be a case of other people beating you to the deal.
    The web coding for the Vault is garbage anyway. I've encountered items that show stock, but when you click on it to buy, you get the "sold out" message. Go back to the item page, and it still shows stock.
    Seriously, the selection at the Vault has been crap for the past few months (with a few exceptions). Not too much to fight over IMO.

xmetalmaniac likes this.
  9. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

Be careful if you are going to resell them and get a profit. They are cracking down big time on that. I know they monitor different places for that very thing.

10. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Yup, that is what got the changes to the retail affiliate program changed from having a similar web page to order from back to calling in your order.