• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pitchman R Arm Issues...

logkley

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I have the Oakley Pitchman R eyeglasses, and while I love the style, the arms seem to be horrifically made.

The arms are very loose, and it isn't due to a loose connection to the frames, at least I don't think. The looseness comes from a joint that makes the arms 2 pieces rather than one. (Not sure what this joint would be called).

It's as if the middle is not being squeezed by the top and bottom, allowing for it to jiggly up and down.

Any ideas how to fix this? Should I just clamp it tight? Anyone have a similar experience? It is so annoying!

IMG_6808.jpeg

IMG_6810.jpeg

IMG_6815.jpeg

IMG_6811.jpeg

Oakley calls it a hollow point hinge.

Yes this has been an issue for a bunch of other people as well

Hollow point hinge, got it. Thanks for the information.

Pretty brutal flaw. Really shows the lack of quality in my opinion.

I think over two years, only wore them the last 8ish months though.

Already had Oakley fix a pair of Pitchman R's where the arm fell off due to the same issue.

I just don't want to continue sending my glasses back and forth to Oakley for a repair.

I actually looked at a pair of pitchman-R’s as well, but didn’t buy due to these hinge issues I’d heard of (which bummed me out because I really liked the style).

Because you’ve had them now for a couple years you might be getting close to outside the warranty window (I am thinking it’s 2 years on Rx glasses but could be wrong) for that pair.... and that may answer your question of whether you keep them or get a new pair that doesn’t have the same issues.

Latest Posts

Back