1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

yeah i saw these online yesterday. i would be keen to see how those chrome/+ve red pair looks like. not that i would get them though.

3. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

Wheres the lead w/ balck iridium!?

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Looks like Polarized is now up as well.

5. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

If someone gave me a pair, Id put it on a lower shelf

6. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

You wouldnt wear em?

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I honestly wanted an IH Plaintiff until I tried them on, they were wretched. I'd give the Squared a chance, but those offerings don't do anything for me. Maybe an IH or signature edition with some better colors or playing with the stem insets.

But I don't see these faring well in what is now a sea of Oakley aviator wires. Warden, Felon, Inmate, Probation, Plaintiff, Plaintiff Squared, Deviation, Crosshair, Crosshair 2, Crosshair '12... not to mention the 4-5 women's aviators they have now.

I know the aviator is pretty timeless, but I felt the Plaintiff was the weakest of their offerings. The least inspired, and with the heavy teardrop shape they looked a little pointy and narrow. I wasn't a big fan of the flat stems either, very un-Oakley, too mainstream.

Once again, if these weren't essentially a "2.0" or a rehash and were left to stand on their own merit they might go over pretty well.

Edit:
    Forgot to add- I wore aviators for years in middle school and into high school before I got my first pair of Oakleys. I actually opted for the 'square' aviator shape from AO though, much more masculine, and much more comfortable without being a douche in aviators.

And Don Draper approves
    Plaintiff Squared On Oakley.com - draperaviators.jpg?w=400

8. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

And an aviator frame without a brushed chrome or standard silver? Poor move, Oakley.

I'll take a matte black/grey polar when they hit $75.

9. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

LOL nice touch with Draper. I am going to look at these before I pass final judgement. I was debating on getting the Deviations with the Ruby or the Rossi but I might wait till these come out.

10. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

I bought the deviations, but not too impressed. big and clunky, this doesnt look to be any better.
    Although im a sucker for +red