• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Plasti Dipped Oakleys?

Swing-man24

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone ever plasti dipped there oakleys? I was think about trying it to a pair and just wondering if anyone has done it and how does it look.

Just for the fun of it I planning to try this with a pair of pretty beat up hijinx I have , but haven't gotten to it yet.

Just as long as it's done right I guess. I don't know about others, but I don't think the finish will feel that great against my nose bridge.

I would avoid painting the inside part of the ear stems and the nose bridge contact.

The smell might be undesirable and take some time to wear off. I know plastidip comes in a spray can and in a plain "paint can" form. I have a little bit of experience with both and I would probably opt for the paint can. Then you can dip the legs in without having to worry about spraying the lenses.

I would think that any contact points would break down over time from the oils on your skin.

Have you ever seen what wd40 does to plasti dip?

The smell might be undesirable and take some time to wear off. I know plastidip comes in a spray can and in a plain "paint can" form. I have a little bit of experience with both and I would probably opt for the paint can. Then you can dip the legs in without having to worry about spraying the lenses.
Or you could just... Take the lenses out/arms off

Back