• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Daily Polarized vs Black Iridium Polarized?

OFFICIALORANGE

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I am looking for my first pair of Oakley's, my only other pair of sunglasses is a Ray Ban. I know that I want a Flak 2.0 XL but I am having a hard time deciding between the Prizm Daily and Black Iridium Polarized lenses. The lenses on my Ray Ban are polarized and are not too dark. They are still pretty fine if I have to walk indoors. I really like the mirror finish of the black iridium, but is Prizm really that special optically to justify a slightly higher price?

I live near New York City so I see a good amount of sun.

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for my first pair of Oakley's, my only other pair of sunglasses is a Ray Ban. I know that I want a Flak 2.0 XL but I am having a hard time deciding between the Prizm Daily and Black Iridium Polarized lenses. The lenses on my Ray Ban are polarized and are not too dark. They are still pretty fine if I have to walk indoors. I really like the mirror finish of the black iridium, but is Prizm really that special optically to justify a slightly higher price?
They are two TOTALLY different types of lenses

One is a contrast
One is not.
One has iridium
One does not.

Depends on what your looking for in your lens.

They are two TOTALLY different types of lenses

One is a contrast
One is not.
One has iridium
One does not.

Depends on what your looking for in your lens.
I'm probably going to visit a Sunglass Hut again to try them one more time before making a decision. What is the Prizm Daily lens supposed to do? Does it make certain colors stand out?

Prizm is NOT overrated. Its not some gimmick. Prizm lens will offer you unprecedented visual acuity.
Prizm daily seems to have a relaxing effect on the eyes because you don't have to strain to see anything.

I would go with both. If you have to choose, go with Daily because BIP will be too dark in certain situations.

Also consider a polarized contrast lens like VR28 BIP or Tungsten.

One is a contrast
One is not.
One has iridium
One does not.

My Prizm dailies look like they have a little bit of iridium on them. Nowhere near black iridium, but it hides my eyes a bit more than gray and bronze polarized do..

Imho Prizm daily is Oakley's most versatile general use lens, but black iridium polarized is better in very bright sun.

My Prizm dailies look like they have a little bit of iridium on them. Nowhere near black iridium, but it hides my eyes a bit more than gray and bronze polarized do..

Imho Prizm daily is Oakley's most versatile general use lens, but black iridium polarized is better in very bright sun.
My favorite lens is BIP. I feel like the PRIZM daily lens is a nice overall lens but also feel like it just depends on the lighting and area too.

I'm a 100% percent follower of Prizm Daily Polarized. I try not to use it every day just because I like my lens so much.

Boo Sunglass Hut

I had a similar question. I like the daily prison but I don't like the fact that you can see my eyes to them sometimes. Anybody else have thoughts on that?

Back