1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OFFICIALORANGE

OFFICIALORANGE Oakley Beginner

Hi, I am looking for my first pair of Oakley's, my only other pair of sunglasses is a Ray Ban. I know that I want a Flak 2.0 XL but I am having a hard time deciding between the Prizm Daily and Black Iridium Polarized lenses. The lenses on my Ray Ban are polarized and are not too dark. They are still pretty fine if I have to walk indoors. I really like the mirror finish of the black iridium, but is Prizm really that special optically to justify a slightly higher price?

I live near New York City so I see a good amount of sun.

Last edited: 6/15/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

They are two TOTALLY different types of lenses

One is a contrast
    One is not.
    One has iridium
    One does not.

Depends on what your looking for in your lens.

3. OFFICIALORANGE

OFFICIALORANGE Oakley Beginner

I'm probably going to visit a Sunglass Hut again to try them one more time before making a decision. What is the Prizm Daily lens supposed to do? Does it make certain colors stand out?

4. 7legion77

7legion77 Oakley Enthusiast

Prizm is NOT overrated. Its not some gimmick. Prizm lens will offer you unprecedented visual acuity.
    Prizm daily seems to have a relaxing effect on the eyes because you don't have to strain to see anything.

I would go with both. If you have to choose, go with Daily because BIP will be too dark in certain situations.

Also consider a polarized contrast lens like VR28 BIP or Tungsten.

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  5. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

My Prizm dailies look like they have a little bit of iridium on them. Nowhere near black iridium, but it hides my eyes a bit more than gray and bronze polarized do..

Imho Prizm daily is Oakley's most versatile general use lens, but black iridium polarized is better in very bright sun.

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

My favorite lens is BIP. I feel like the PRIZM daily lens is a nice overall lens but also feel like it just depends on the lighting and area too.

7. ZubiZone

ZubiZone Oakley Beginner

I'm a 100% percent follower of Prizm Daily Polarized. I try not to use it every day just because I like my lens so much.

Boo Sunglass Hut

8. badgersfan222

badgersfan222 Oakley Beginner

I had a similar question. I like the daily prison but I don't like the fact that you can see my eyes to them sometimes. Anybody else have thoughts on that?

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

When do you get out? ;)

10. badgersfan222

badgersfan222 Oakley Beginner

Good one LOL. Touché

Bucky and OakleyFrankFMJ like this.