1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

I'm getting back into golf after not playing for a few years. The only lenses I have ever had for my oakleys are black iridium/black iridium polarized and grey. Now I'm reading more about the prizm lenses. The simulation pics look amazing. I've read a few threads on here about some of the other prizm lenses, like bike and daily, but haven't read a whole lot about golf. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Pongee

Pongee Oakley Beginner

Hi,

Firstly, I am not a golfer. However, I do own a pair of G30 lenses and the new Prizm Golf (I like the G30 for low light). All I can say is that the Prizm Golf lenses have a pretty strong red base that was a deal breaker for me personally. I find the G30 lenses are more comfortable to wear.

IMHO they do not really match the simulated picture. I recommend you try before you buy or that you can return.

dragonvoi likes this.
  3. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

BIP are great lenses for bright, sunny days but not for golf. they offer no contrast for the greens out on the golf course and are very dark. I'd keep them in the soft vault for when you drive on the road.

I've had G30 in my Flak Jackets and got them when I got Fast Jackets. I now have Flak 2.0 and tried the Prizm Golf lenses and really like them over the G30. a little more contrast, brightens things up a bit more. I wore them Friday morning. it was overcast then opened up and bright sun. never had to take them off. I really like them. definitely try them out.

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

5. real-OG

real-OG Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

same here. Had g30 lenses which were great at the time it came out for golf but Prizm Golf is a game changer.
    Greater contrast and definition on the course and seems to work better over a wider range of light conditions:
    Low light and bright sunny days.

Can't go wrong with the newer technology.

6. ARB

ARB Oakley Beginner

Played a few holes yesterday with them and really liked them. I used to always take my sunglasses off to put, unnecessary with those lenses.

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

8. lean23

lean23 Oakley Beginner

I've worn mine for about 40 rounds this year. I never used to like sunglasses on the course but I've worn Oakley's numerous times in the past and always took them off to putt. I never take the Prizms off. There just isn't any distortion. They really pop out the imperfections on the greens and make it easier to see subtle breaks.

9. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

How do they perform on very bright sunny days? My eyes are more sensitive to light, and black iridium polarized works great for me in most situations. I can wear them on cloudy overcast days as well. I'm afraid prizm golf may allow too much light to pass through.

10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

At 30% trans for golf, that'll likely be a problem for you. Baseball outfield, Daily Polar, and the two waters are the prizms with the lowest light trans, from 15% - 12%.