• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Grey or Black - which is best for year round use?

robertwills

Oakley Beginner
Prizm Grey has a light transmission of 17%. Prizm Black 11%. It appears to me that Grey may be too light and Black too dark for year round use? Do you think I'm right? Would Prizm Black be the better choice? I like the looks of Prizm Jade, 14%, but In think that would be a bit too flamboyant for me.

upload_2018-4-7_16-34-13.jpeg

Prizm Grey has a light transmission of 17%. Prizm Black 11%. It appears to me that Grey may be too light and Black too dark for year round use? Do you think I'm right? Would Prizm Black be the better choice? I like the looks of Prizm Jade, 14%, but In think that would be a bit too flamboyant for me.

I concur.
Or maybe not.
Perhaps?
Who knows!

Knowing your state or country would be nice ---
If you were in the UK, I would say prizm Grey.
But get both! One for winter and the other for summer.
However, if only one must be had : I would vote for the prizm Grey.

Knowing your state or country would be nice ---
If you were in the UK, I would say prizm Grey.
But get both! One for winter and the other for summer.
However, if only one must be had : I would vote for the prizm Grey.

You are absolutely right. Location matters. Sun angle, cloud cover, humidity, rain and vegetation (or lack of) can make a major difference in what the best lens choice is, if you had to chose only one. I currently live in the northeast US. I'm guessing Grey would be best here for year round use.

Latest Posts

Back