• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Jade Polarized (vs other prizm) for driving sunglasses?

I have 3 driving lenses.
Prizm Maritime in my new Valve in sunglass holder as a suitable all around. (overcast, bright)
Prizm Ruby Polar Double Edge (in the console for variation)
BIP in the Badman in the glovebox for 8am and 5pm brightness.
Today, i wore Prizm Snow Torch in a Split Shot driving in, but polarization isnt an option there, much like Prizm Road. still, a great lense. Hoping it replaces Prizm Road as my fall haze lense.

While i know and have seen the advantage of Prizm Road when its overcast, i dont recommend it for a driving lens on full-on sunny, bright days. Its just too much light for full sun and reflections. i also dont recommend it if you use your lenses to hide your eyes. (we all have involuntary responses with our eyes that sometimes are better unseen).
Road hides my eyes pretty good but yes its not a full on mirror- I can see slightly eyeballs thru them.. which is ok and i think the road is a very versatile lens in most light conditions. For me i always hated having to change out glasses depending on the light in general. The ruby prizm is another decent lens for all conditions to me but not avail in the sutro lite i want.
I like the green jade color but for me the road jjust seems more versatile albe it more common i guess. I like wearing my glasses biking-driving and going into a store or the gym and not needing to take them off- i mean sure in a really dark place inside or at hight i wouldnt wear them but i mean in general: i have really liked wearing them riding to thegym and leaving them on when i workout and having the lens not be too dark for either. I worry the jade road will not be great inside like i use the road now.

The torch trail is cool at 35%vtl but no mirror(like dark golf kind of) so i just dont like wearing glasses like the sutro where you see the eyes thru them like blatently with zero mirror. Even the prizm golf have a slight blue/purple mirror to them which is better then none in this style glasses. My opinion. I have a golf prizm in my ev zero pitch that works well for riding and going indoors or on cloudy days but the mirror to me is less then the road.
Is the road jade mirror MORE onvious then the prizm road? Cnt go look at them in person yet-

Back