• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Jade Polarized (vs other prizm) for driving sunglasses?

I got it for most of my frames (some custom cuts). One of the most versatile lenses Oakley makes and kind of a predecessor to Prizm. I think it will be used less now that there are several prizm options.

I’m gonna pick one up if I get th chance.

Yes that is a great all around lens and the very first Oakley lens I ever bought. With 11% light transmission it handle bright light and the rose base makes it work surprisingly well on low light conditions. My only wish would be that the iridium coating would be more similar to BIP (it's a bit lighter).

Actually those are the lenses I have in my current driving sunglasses = Flak Jacket XLJ's with outdated prescription lenses. Now I'm planning to replace those with the new prizm polarized lenses...most likely Jade.

I didn't realize they had a Prizm Road Jade. That's cool. Prizm Road is one of the best lenses out there, in my opinion.

I have 3 driving lenses.
Prizm Maritime in my new Valve in sunglass holder as a suitable all around. (overcast, bright)
Prizm Ruby Polar Double Edge (in the console for variation)
BIP in the Badman in the glovebox for 8am and 5pm brightness.
Today, i wore Prizm Snow Torch in a Split Shot driving in, but polarization isnt an option there, much like Prizm Road. still, a great lense. Hoping it replaces Prizm Road as my fall haze lense.

While i know and have seen the advantage of Prizm Road when its overcast, i dont recommend it for a driving lens on full-on sunny, bright days. Its just too much light for full sun and reflections. i also dont recommend it if you use your lenses to hide your eyes. (we all have involuntary responses with our eyes that sometimes are better unseen).

I didn't realize they had a Prizm Road Jade. That's cool. Prizm Road is one of the best lenses out there, in my opinion.
I agree..its very versatile. the prizm road jade has 15% vlt vs the roads 20% vlt so its a darker lens-.this is why i am on the fence about the road vs the jade road for the sutro lite i want.

Latest Posts

Back