1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

I posted a 'buying' ad for a Fives Squared SI model, not really expecting to get lucky. How wrong I was.

@sisson16 PM-ed me to say he was planning to put in an SI order shortly and would add my item to his cart! So in went an order for a Fives Squared SI edition, Matte Black with Prizm Maritime Polarized.

They arrived today and are everything I hoped they would be. The Maritime lens looks stunning inside and out. I'm going to be testing it out as daily wear next week.

This reminds me how generous OF members can be. For no profit and plenty of extra hassle (shipping overseas, multiple PMs, etc) sisson16, didn't hesitate. What's more, he made the purchase for me before I had paid, on trust.

Here's to you sisson16 and all of the members here who help out strangers. Just shout if you need any Japan limited editions in future :)

Prizm Maritime! - IMG_1905.JPG Prizm Maritime! - IMG_1906.JPG Prizm Maritime! - IMG_1907.JPG

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Good people. :)

3. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

Nice! I was going to order a pair of Fives Squared from oakleyforces.ca but could only get WARM GREY and PRIZMā„¢ SHOOTING TR22.

4. Davemro

Davemro Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I have a pair of these as well, in addition to every other version of the fives squared :unsure:. If you fish in rivers, etc (fly-fishing especially) they are incredible. I wish the folks at Oakley had more replacement lens options available for this frame. One of my favorites in a long time due to my child-sized head.

saulsaul likes this.
  5. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations. I have met many great people on this forum.

STavros and saulsaul like this.
  6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Oakley Beginner

Congrats on the purchase!
    @sisson16 ...very cool move!
    So far, the Fives Squared are my favorite, but don't have any as of yet. Trying to find the right pair and couldn't pass on a couple deals on other styles. ;)
    I haven't seen that particular version... I bet there's quite a few I haven't seen yet. Just heard of SI models recently.
    Congrats again....those are sweet!
    DB

saulsaul likes this.
  7. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Tell me @saulsaul ... Does it have an unobtanium nose piece?

If so, can you take pics?

8. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

It has small bits of rubber embedded in the ends of the plastic nose piece. Will try to share a picture ... As far as I know these rubber bits can't be removed.

9. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I don't think they can be removed either. My wife had the older Fives Squared without the unobtanium nose pads and we both prefer the newer ones with the rubber. I was going to order the Multicam Fives Squared a while back but they were the older style so no rubber. Its definitely one of my favorite go-to frames. My wife and I each have two pair.

saulsaul likes this.
  10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I'm also thinking of the maritime prizm pair ... I like the SI bag AND the newer nosepiece

sOuLfUlFoRg and saulsaul like this.