• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

(Pro Tip) Shipping USPS First Class with PayPal

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I see a lot of packages come to me first class with hand written labels and postage from the post office. I think not many people realize you can create first class labels in PayPal with no transaction and print them at home. Then you can just give the package to the mailman and avoid a trip to the post office. Here I will show y'all how.

When someone pays G&S it's easy to create a label in PayPal and choose any shipping method you like but what about when you're trading items or received payment another way? (lets not debate whether or not that's a good idea, we all know it isn't) You can go to USPS.com and create a label but there is no option to create a First Class label online. Why First Class? If I'm sending out a keychain to Scott there is no need for priority shipping. First class will get it there in the same amount of time for half the price. If I'm sending keychains to 10 people, this makes a HUGE difference. It's about a $3 difference in price for a keychain so multiply that by 10 people and that's $30 I'm out. **** that! Anything 1 pound or less qualifies. Normally First Class is only good for up to 13oz but when you create a label with PayPal you get bulk rates.

So first thing first, open PayPal. Look on the left side of he screen and scroll down until you see Selling Tools. Under that you will a link called MultiOrder Shipping, click that.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.38.06 PM.png

A new window will open, if you're like me and use Chrome, you will get this popup. Just click continue.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.38.26 PM.png

Next is a Getting Started popup, just click close.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.38.42 PM.png

You are now at the multi order shipping page. If you have any unshipped G&S sales, they will be listed here. If you ship your **** fast, it will be empty like mine.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.39.16 PM.png

In the top left corner click file.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.39.26 PM.png

Click Import.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.39.32 PM.png

This window will open. Click the drill down for Shipping Details. You will see a list of options. The shipping method is shown first then the type of box is under it. Some have more than one option and there are no commas or ways to distinguish what's going on so its kind of confusing. You want to look for First-Class Mail Parcel and under that click on package/thick envelope.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.39.57 PM.png

Next choose the weight. Invest in a decent cheap scale if you ship a lot. It's worth it to not over pay in shipping.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.40.18 PM.png

Now click the Ship To Address drill down and fill in the address. Everything else is populated but you can change whatever you need.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.41.22 PM.png

Click save and close.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.41.33 PM.png

You will now see your package in the main screen, click it and it will turn blue. The label cost is shown on the right. Make any changes you need.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.41.53 PM.png

When you're ready, look in the top left and click on print.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.42.03 PM.png

Now you can see everything filled in and ready to go. Click on the package again.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.42.12 PM.png

Now click pay & print.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.42.17 PM.png

Next click the last pay and print button.
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 12.42.24 PM.png

After that it will charge your PayPal, obtain the tracking number and open a window with your label to print. If you use Adblock (you do don't you?) then you will need to add PayPal to the exception list. This is all done in popups.

Enjoy.

I see a lot of packages come to me first class with hand written labels and postage from the post office. I think not many people realize you can create first class labels in PayPal with no transaction and print them at home. Then you can just give the package to the mailman and avoid a trip to the post office. Here I will show y'all how.

When someone pays G&S it's easy to create a label in PayPal and choose any shipping method you like but what about when you're trading items or received payment another way? (lets not debate whether or not that's a good idea, we all know it isn't) You can go to USPS.com and create a label but there is no option to create a First Class label online. Why First Class? If I'm sending out a keychain to Scott there is no need for priority shipping. First class will get it there in the same amount of time for half the price. If I'm sending keychains to 10 people, this makes a HUGE difference. It's about a $3 difference in price for a keychain so multiply that by 10 people and that's $30 I'm out. **** that! Anything 1 pound or less qualifies. Normally First Class is only good for up to 13oz but when you create a label with PayPal you get bulk rates.

So first thing first, open PayPal. Look on the left side of he screen and scroll down until you see Selling Tools. Under that you will a link called MultiOrder Shipping, click that.
View attachment 344172

A new window will open, if you're like me and use Chrome, you will get this popup. Just click continue.
View attachment 344171

View attachment 344170

You are now at the multi order shipping page. If you have any unshipped G&S sales, they will be listed here. If you ship your **** fast, it will be empty like mine.

View attachment 344169
View attachment 344168

Click Import.
View attachment 344167

This window will open. Click the drill down for Shipping Details. You will see a list of options. The shipping method is shown first then the type of box is under it. Some have more than one option and there are no commas or ways to distinguish what's going on so its kind of confusing. You want to look for First-Class Mail Parcel and under that click on package/thick envelope.
View attachment 344166

Next choose the weight. Invest in a decent cheap scale if you ship a lot. It's worth it to not over pay in shipping.
View attachment 344165

Now click the Ship To Address drill down and fill in the address. Everything else is populated but you can change whatever you need.
View attachment 344164

Click save and close.
View attachment 344163
You will now see your package in the main screen, click it and it will turn blue. The label cost is shown on the right. Make any changes you need.
View attachment 344162
View attachment 344161

Now you can see everything filled in and ready to go. Click on the package again.
View attachment 344160
Now click pay & print.
View attachment 344159

View attachment 344158

After that it will charge your PayPal, obtain the tracking number and open a window with your label to print. If you use Adblock (you do don't you?) then you will need to add PayPal to the exception list. This is all done in popups.

Enjoy.
Ok. That's pretty damn cool. Even though USPS sucks :p

Well I didn't know about that but if you have a bunch of stuff to ship the multi order method makes it much faster.

Ok. That's pretty damn cool. Even though USPS sucks :p

Everyone says that but I'd much rather my stuff come USPS. Never had a problem with them but many with ups and FedEx. Not to mention FedEx takes sooooo much longer.

View attachment 344172

View attachment 344171

View attachment 344170

View attachment 344169
View attachment 344168

Click Import.
View attachment 344167

View attachment 344166

View attachment 344165

View attachment 344164

Click save and close.
View attachment 344163
View attachment 344162
View attachment 344161

View attachment 344160
Now click pay & print.
View attachment 344159

View attachment 344158

Enjoy.

Think this is only available to US customers.

Think this is only available to US customers.
Definitely. Your local postal service may or may not participate with PayPal.

Side note and fun fact. The U.K. had the first Postal Service so they are the only ones that do not have to have their country name in front of it. Like USPS is United States Postal Service. The U.K. was first so they don't need all that. It's just the post.

Actually I should correct myself. It's the term postage. US postage. AU postage. CA postage. The UK's is just postage.

I did not know the first stamp though. Good jeopardy tidbit!

Quit giving away all my secrets..... BTW, its completely different with a PP business account. But then again if you have one you should know how to use it.

Latest Posts

Back