• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problem with an order

Andrea Esu

Oakley Beginner
I bought custom Frogskin sunglasses on 29 june.
I didn't receive yet the product because of backorder problems, but today I see on the account balance of my prepaid card another transaction done by Oakley, equal to the first (199 EUR).

Why this double transaction?

I suggest you contact Oakley first thing monday morning. Also print or screen print the statement so you can email it to them if they ask to see it. This way they can check the transaction numbers with their system to see what the issue was

This is normal. They don't handle credit card holds well. I've had my order cancelled because I used a virtual account number for my credit card and assigned a $ limit just above the order total. Oakley puts a hold on the card for the amount and then charges the same amount before clearing the hold. This has caused my virtual card with a set limit to come back as "insufficient funds" since they charged twice and then oakley cancels my order.

Thanks for your reply.
I don't understand exactly why Oakley charged twice the amount...
The first transaction is just an hold (preauthorization)? Then will be cancelled and i'll get refund?

In my experience, as soon as you place an order, they put a hold on your card for the full amount. When the order is shipped, or shortly before, they charge the full amount before the initial hold has been cleared, then shortly after, the initial hold should go away.

I've requested cancellation of the order. Today i've received another email from Oakley that says I have to wait other 2-3 weeks. That's ridiculous

Back