• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Purple Reign

It is fact that edsjunk is the resident etcher in the forum guys, and it would be great to have something like the ones he did to Dyeraudio but I'm i the Philippines and I preferred to have the etching service here locally. I'm thinking it might be easier to custom cut a violet iridium oakley lens and save the etched area , that is if I can find a set of lenses here that is suitable for the penny.Thanks again guys for the response.

Sorry. I wasn't aware of your location. :sad:

Did he happen to mention what the donor lenses were that he used for the chop?

I've had him cut about 6 pair so far and have asked on a couple but he did not disclose his donor lenses. Sidestepped the questions. However, if I did it for profit I would probably not disclose what I've learned at my expense either.

I'd consult the Cutting Lenses- what works thread. That seems to be the reference that OF'ers use and it is supported by the knowledge base of many forum members.

Wish I could help!

I've had him cut about 6 pair so far and have asked on a couple but he did not disclose his donor lenses. Sidestepped the questions. However, if I did it for profit I would probably not disclose what I've learned at my expense either.

I'd consult the Cutting Lenses- what works thread. That seems to be the reference that OF'ers use and it is supported by the knowledge base of many forum members.

Wish I could help!

No worries.
I'll just browse that thread. Thanks man.

That penny looks seriously yummy. Ive been searching for like 3 months on ebay (some got beaten on the last second of the auction), Hopefully i could get my first one soon, a standard ice one will do. :cry:

Not a massive fan of modding but those are seriously sweet!

How is modding what Oakley thing is about? Oakley is about optical superiority, innovation, and protection.

IMO, Oakley modification is acceptable just as long it uses Oakley parts. I dislike after market lenses. To me, Oakley frames with after market lenses is a no go. It is like having fake or after market frames with genuine Oakley lenses.

Like you said Oakley is about innovation. They don't have IH Penny so I just innovate one from an Oakley violet lenses.

Just my "2 Oakley Penny" thought.