• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Puzzle for prescription of Oakley True Digital lenses

Neo_Djorrje

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I recently purchased Oakley eyeglasses with True Digital lenses. Upon wearing them, I noticed blurriness in my left eye. To understand this issue, I had the prescription of these lenses checked at an optical shop. The shop's measurements indicated a 1.0 difference in the prescription for the left lens compared to what my optometrist had prescribed, and the right lens is matched.

I am wondering if my eyeglasses have the wrong configuration for the left lens only? Or do the Oakley True Digital lenses have different prescriptions measured by the machine (I doubled it since the right lens does match)?

Your comments are highly recommended.

Hi all,

I recently purchased Oakley eyeglasses with True Digital lenses. Upon wearing them, I noticed blurriness in my left eye. To understand this issue, I had the prescription of these lenses checked at an optical shop. The shop's measurements indicated a 1.0 difference in the prescription for the left lens compared to what my optometrist had prescribed, and the right lens is matched.

I am wondering if my eyeglasses have the wrong configuration for the left lens only? Or do the Oakley True Digital lenses have different prescriptions measured by the machine (I doubled it since the right lens does match)?

Your comments are highly recommended.
Oakley true digital lenses make incredibly small compensations to your RX for the curvature. In diopters these are usually less than +/- 0.12 diopters. So if it's truly off by +/- 1.00 diopters there was most likely an error in the order sent to Oakley. But then again Oakley could have made the mistake. They guarantee they are made correct for up to 60 days. I would take them to your optometrist office who made them, if they are not made correctly ask for them to do your free redo due to their error. If they are made correctly go to the "prescribing doctor"by appointment, have them remeasure both the glasses and your eyes (Refraction). Then go back to optician to have them remade.

Good luck! Sounds like a big booboo.

Oakley true digital lenses make incredibly small compensations to your RX for the curvature. In diopters these are usually less than +/- 0.12 diopters. So if it's truly off by +/- 1.00 diopters there was most likely an error in the order sent to Oakley. But then again Oakley could have made the mistake. They guarantee they are made correct for up to 60 days. I would take them to your optometrist office who made them, if they are not made correctly ask for them to do your free redo due to their error. If they are made correctly go to the "prescribing doctor"by appointment, have them remeasure both the glasses and your eyes (Refraction). Then go back to optician to have them remade.

Good luck! Sounds like a big booboo.
Supper helpful! Appreciate your response and suggestion. Will contact them soon.

Back