• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Quality of aftermarket lenses?

awp235

Oakley Beginner
All,
I'm in the market for new lenses for my Crosshair Ti's, as mine got all scratched up right in my line of sight for driving. I'll be more careful next time for sure. Are aftermarket options for lenses even an option based on quality? Does the top line of Revant polarized lenses stand of to OEM Oakley?

For what it's worth, I am talking to a fellow user about purchasing some originals, but I'm just looking for opinions about other/ possibly equivalent options.

I have recently purchased a set of the top line Revant Elite polarized lenses as well as a set of the top line Fuse+ polarized lenses. They are both "ok" with my personal preference going to the Revant lenses. Both brands were roughly ~$55.00 a set.

All,
I'm in the market for new lenses for my Crosshair Ti's, as mine got all scratched up right in my line of sight for driving. I'll be more careful next time for sure. Are aftermarket options for lenses even an option based on quality? Does the top line of Revant polarized lenses stand of to OEM Oakley?

Only use authentic oakley lenses.

I have recently purchased a set of the top line Revant Elite polarized lenses as well as a set of the top line Fuse+ polarized lenses. They are both "ok" with my personal preference going to the Revant lenses. Both brands were roughly ~$55.00 a set.

Trevor, Can you elaborate on "ok"? What do you like about them vs what doesnt stand up to oakley lenses?

Trevor, Can you elaborate on "ok"? What do you like about them vs what doesnt stand up to oakley lenses?

The Fuse+ polarized lenses I bought fit well, but looking thru them, they are different colors at the top and bottom versus the center where your normal line of sight is. These are not gradient lenses so there should be no color variation. On the Revant Elite lenses, I don't have any real complaints other than the first set that they sent me were defective upon arrival. They were delaminating on the inner edges of both lenses. They promptly set me a new set that appear to be decent. Im new here and not in any way a "lens expert". These are just my observations.

As for what @"TRUMP" said, I agree that OEM lenses will always be a better choice, but you aren't always able to find them at all, much less in specific tints and/or polarization. I have a pair of Nano Wire 4.0's that I'd love to be able to find a set of OEM lenses for.

Depends where you get them from. A lot are a massive downgrade, some of the ones you can get from China will be better than OEM lenses. Some of the new Chinese tech is outrageously good, shame Oakley themselves aren't using it yet. As I understand it outsourcing lens production is a serious consideration. It's a shame lens technology is behind with Oakley, it was an area we absolutely crushed in the heyday.

In general if available get OEM lenses to make sure, as whilst some can be excellent aftermarket it's it's still a bit of a lottery.

IKON is probably my favorite out of the batch. Not sure about optics compared to Revant Elite and Fuse, but they seem top of the line compared to them. Bevel is smooth, never had an issue with fit. Colors are nice and the lenses are poly. I think Fuse uses layers.

Cheapest Polarized option as well. My go to for aftermarket, though they don’t make much for the older styles. I’d be all over Splice lenses if they cut them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back