• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about interchangeable XM parts

Dukeman24

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys, I apologize in advance for the dumb question.....so I only have 2 XM right now: XM finish Juliet and recently acquired Ti02 XX....

I've always wanted to put hammerstems on my Juliets, so I was considering just switching over the ones from the XX, but I'm wondering if the Juliet earstems would look goofy on the XX frame??

Has anyone ever put straight earstems on an XX? What do yall think? I'd love a picture, if anyone has....

Hey guys, I apologize in advance for the dumb question.....so I only have 2 XM right now: XM finish Juliet and recently acquired Ti02 XX....

I've always wanted to put hammerstems on my Juliets, so I was considering just switching over the ones from the XX, but I'm wondering if the Juliet earstems would look goofy on the XX frame??

Has anyone ever put straight earstems on an XX? What do yall think? I'd love a picture, if anyone has....
Gr8 question.

I know it's doable... I just wouldn't recommend. Washers in the screws at the earstems can be a pain to replace... potential over torqued screws... potential damage of the frame... better to source hammer stems as a separate set altogether is just my 2 cents. But if aren't worried about those those precautions then by all means have at it

Ok yall are right....I COMPLETELY forgot about the pain in the ass washers! But now I have a question about the over-torquing...my Juliets earstem was a little loose, so I tightened it up so it didn't flop as much...how would I know if I caused any damage??

Ok yall are right....I COMPLETELY forgot about the pain in the ass washers! But now I have a question about the over-torquing...my Juliets earstem was a little loose, so I tightened it up so it didn't flop as much...how would I know if I caused any damage??
If tou stripped the screw or broke the washers. It's kinda difficult to damage a Ti frame.

I follow the x man's lead on this one. (with new washers) tighten with fingertips (grip like picking up a short pencil in a cup) if too loose grip the driver like normal and 1/8 turn until you achieve the desired play.

At some point occasion repeated tightening of the screws will mean the washers will lose their damping effect. Easy to change washers. I like my Stems to feel nice & tight. A medium flat screwdriver to gently prise open the temple shock portion of the Frame. Then alcohol liquid to the stem aperture top & bottom and add the desired washers (I tend you use 3) once in position use a Cocktail stick to line everything up. Gently remove the Screwdriver & the Stick whilst holding everything in line. Then reintroduce the Temple Screw & allow it to naturally drop in. Then tighten from there.

Simples.

Use grease to keep the washers in place.and a toothpick to align them.weather some will disagree that you shouldn't use grease.....any time 2 metal parts are rubbing togeather grease won't hurt.and when you insert the screw it will pick up some of that grease and coat the threads so you won't get stripped heads in the future.

Use grease to keep the washers in place.and a toothpick to align them.weather some will disagree that you shouldn't use grease.....any time 2 metal parts are rubbing togeather grease won't hurt.and when you insert the screw it will pick up some of that grease and coat the threads so you won't get stripped heads in the future.
Ok awesome! I actually thought of a question, and I was gonna ask in a thread, but I figure you'd know better than anyone....what are the dimensions of the nosebridge pins/rivets?? (Length/diameter, etc)

Back