1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MaukaRunner

MaukaRunner Oakley Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Oakley will tune up a Juliet which has the nose bridge rivets removed? I might be getting a pair which needs a tuneup but I would like to see what it looks like inside before I send it in.

Any info would be appreciated.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i think someone on here has deconstructed one already, nosebridge et al. i dunno where the picture is though - im sure someone will find it. nothing special - i have my old FC's in a ziplock bag and there are just metal tabs with holes connected to the orbitals in there. the FC's are a rubber piece that wraps/folds over the tab.

3. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

As I recall, someone asked the techs at HQ that exact question and the reply was that they don't mind at all because it saves them time.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

oh yeah i remember that too. i guess call ahead to make sure =)

5. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

I already took some completely disarmed frames and they put them together with no problem.

6. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Haha, curiosity is killing ya, huh? There's some pics of a dismantled nose bridge on the boards somewhere. Good luck brah!

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

good man, Q

9. MaukaRunner

Thanks everyone! I might be getting a wasted Ducati Juliet and wanted to know if I could tear it apart completely and see. Depending on how bad it is I might want to try some different finishing methods.

10. MaukaRunner

That might be a option. The seller hasn't responded since yesterday so I don't know the status of the sale.

Hey, have you tried blasting with Baking Soda. I know it's less abrasive than other media. I like the look of your work but I don't like the really dark grey look. Wanted to take the pair apart and try the baking soda to see how that comes out.

Was also thinking of trying the baking soda on the o-matter frames too just to get a different look.

What do you think?