1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. sctizzle

sctizzle Oakley Beginner

Has anyone ever run into the problem that brand new Radars are too wide and don't fit on your head properly? I just sold a brand new pair of Ichiros on ebay and the buyer e-mailed me to say they do not fit and are too wide compared to other Radars. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to tighten them up? I am trying to help the buyer here and figure out what we can do to make them fit snug.

Here is what he said:

if you look at the end points of the arms (near earssocks end) you ll see that theyre almost 2cm wider than other radar. this is what effects the grip on the head and thats why they feel loose!...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Scott

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I believe the Ichiro's are Asian Fit, and most Asian Fit shades are a little bit wider than others to fit our faces. This usually doesn't affect me, as it's the nose piece that does the trick most of the time.

Oakley Asian Fit Sunglasses and Goggles | Us

3. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Not so much that they fit wide on me but they look wide on me.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

thats rediculous! radars are supertight usually! possibly an asian fit but i dont have one of those so... i dunno

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They're made specifically to fit outside of helmet straps and hats/brims. You must have a really wide head if Radars fit snug at the temples.

6. Toshio

Toshio Oakley Beginner

I am pretty much a Radar freak, and yes for Asian Fit, they are wide compared to the Standard Fit, hence there will definitely be a sense of "loose"-ness and less snug feel. As you can see from the picture, the top Radar is a custom Retina Burn Radar Path while the remaining four Radars are the Ichiro series.

The interested thing is how the Path lens is able to fit well for both the Standard and Asian Fits despite their difference in curvature.

Question About Radars Being Too Wide? - radars.jpg

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

where did i say tight at the temples? they clamp around the back of the head with the tips of the earstems ala 3-point fit. tight as in not flopping of my head haha