• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question About Radars Being Too Wide?

sctizzle

Oakley Expert
Has anyone ever run into the problem that brand new Radars are too wide and don't fit on your head properly? I just sold a brand new pair of Ichiros on ebay and the buyer e-mailed me to say they do not fit and are too wide compared to other Radars. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to tighten them up? I am trying to help the buyer here and figure out what we can do to make them fit snug.

Here is what he said:

if you look at the end points of the arms (near earssocks end) you ll see that theyre almost 2cm wider than other radar. this is what effects the grip on the head and thats why they feel loose!...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

I am pretty much a Radar freak, and yes for Asian Fit, they are wide compared to the Standard Fit, hence there will definitely be a sense of "loose"-ness and less snug feel. As you can see from the picture, the top Radar is a custom Retina Burn Radar Path while the remaining four Radars are the Ichiro series.

The interested thing is how the Path lens is able to fit well for both the Standard and Asian Fits despite their difference in curvature.

radars.jpg

Latest Posts

Back