• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr JJ...

What if I want to bring my entire collection of 500+ pairs and MANY display items?
There have been many requests here and on O-Review for me to show it in it's entirety and I think this would be a great opportunity for that, there would be MULTIPLE upon MULTIPLE items available for trade and some for sale...
I would need a display area though, what do you think? If space will be extremely limited I understand and will just bring what I can carry I guess...
I mentioned this once in a small blurb but didn't see a response and I put it in the email to Tasha as well with no mention in her response either...

FGG
it is very massive...And it also includes quite a bit of everything you mentioned as well. Some of the rarest vintage pieces. It would be awesome to show in it's entirety

Hey Jim, have a question.

Over the years I know SGH (Lux) had some shady business practices when dealing with Oakley, particularly in the 90's when (I heard) they threatened not carrying your product if they weren't given certain rights and inventory levels, things of that nature. This also led to the assumption that there was some shady practices and bullying when it came time to sell Oakley.

Is there any truth to those rumors? Either way I'd love to hear a little more backstory to how the sale happened. If you don't want to discuss those details I fully understand.

Hey Jim, have a question.

Over the years I know SGH (Lux) had some shady business practices when dealing with Oakley, particularly in the 90's when (I heard) they threatened not carrying your product if they weren't given certain rights and inventory levels, things of that nature. This also led to the assumption that there was some shady practices and bullying when it came time to sell Oakley.

Is there any truth to those rumors? Either way I'd love to hear a little more backstory to how the sale happened. If you don't want to discuss those details I fully understand.
There is no question that testosterone wars happened between Oakley and LUX in the 1990's. We actually sued them for our XYZ patent in late 1990's (we won). However, it became clear that LUX had the distribution and Oakley had the brand in the 2000's. We found a way to combine the best of both in 2007.

LUX has some great people that now work well with the "Mad Science Attitude" of Oakley. All is well. Look at the stock price for proof.

Jim

Oh lord my brother, like I said... I really only got the Metals so I hope not to get your hopes high and disappoint you.
At least I'm not the only one feeling this way. I look at my collection and see a lot of neat things. But then I think, "there's nothing here that Jim would possibly want." Hopefully he doesn't backhand slap me for being such a bad collector :lol:

At least I'm not the only one feeling this way. I look at my collection and see a lot of neat things. But then I think, "there's nothing here that Jim would possibly want." Hopefully he doesn't backhand slap me for being such a bad collector :lol:
:)

If you collect Oakley you rock in my book. It doesn't matter what you have... you have my respect. There is no such thing as a bad collector.

What I want is the history of Oakley. I want to fill in the blanks of things I created and didn't think to grab one of....

Each of you might just have what I desperately need.

Jim

hey Jim, just a thought....i was wondering what gave you the inspiration to create the OTT. as far as i know, no other company has made anything quite like the OTT. Yet another creation that screams Oakley!!!

Just wondering why display items such as stands, racks, mannequin heads, towers and etc were not made available to buy for collectors in the open market especially these creations screamed Oakley... yet they were banned on eBay at one point. Now, a lot of the sellers are profiting from these when Oakley could have marketed it themselves and sell them as revenue items because there is just a huge demands for them. As a matter of fact, a lot of counterfeit display items are making their rounds on eBay.

hey Jim, just a thought....i was wondering what gave you the inspiration to create the OTT. as far as i know, no other company has made anything quite like the OTT. Yet another creation that screams Oakley!!!
We were on an island and discarded everything we knew. This is what we came up with.

Jim

Just wondering why display items such as stands, racks, mannequin heads, towers and etc were not made available to buy for collectors in the open market especially these creations screamed Oakley... yet they were banned on eBay at one point. Now, a lot of the sellers are profiting from these when Oakley could have marketed it themselves and sell them as revenue items because there is just a huge demands for them. As a matter of fact, a lot of counterfeit display items are making their rounds on eBay.
I have no good answer for this. Counterfeits are not good. I do know that.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back