• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that's been on my mind ever since I got my first eye exam, maybe you can offer some insight Jim-

While Oakley was under your control, or even since you've moved on, was there ever any talk or development work for an Oakley contact lens?

Maybe I'm connecting dots that aren't there but I would assume there are some similarities between glasses and contacts that Oakley could have used to make a better contact lens if they so desired. And since Oakley already makes Rx lenses, it seems natural in my head that they would explore that area as well. If there were any discussions or development work done for this idea, what was the deciding factor that kept it from being brought to market?
We talked about it a lot... but I'm not sure what the thinking is today.

Jim

Hi Mr Jim Jannard,
I am from Indonesia, a country that might be you never heard before, but believe me, there is so many Oakley lover here and we have a huge rare and precious Oakley collection too, especially X Metals....
Btw thanks for creating that angels for us :)

Man welcome Jim! I'm new to the forum but not to your products. I've been hooked for 25 of my 34 years on this planet. I consider you the Willie Mays of the sunglasses/sportswear world. I caught a lot of high pop fly balls in the Florida sun without having to worry about flipshades thanks to your work. I coach now and the only brand I encourage my players to buy is Oakley. My question is have you guys considered retroing the early nineties subzeros? Those things are my personal obsession. Thanks again!

Hi Jim!! Glad to know you here,
I have a question,
You have mentioned before that x-metal serial number start from 1 (xx00001 etc), but i have found that some collector have x-metal that start from 0 (xx00000) , can you clarify this? Is that a prototype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back