1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

got a decent deal in an R1, yes another one, but got screwed. not by the seller, or the post office, or Paypal, but SCREWED:

R1 Got "screwed"? - u4a4ugu4.jpg

R1 Got "screwed"? - nyqepe5e.jpg

of course it was the last screw too. i was taking it apart to service, but when i tried it on i noticed that it was loose on my head with size 50 temple shocks. i thought, why would he trim the shocks when he had extras? the shock were not trimmed, but i guess on this particular pair the stress on the lenses that caused cracking was getting transferred to the screws instead, as the first orbital screw i took out was crooked, and this one just came off with two average strength turns.

now where is my dremel...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

yikess!!! send to V2customs! lol! oh... i remembered... you can do it since your are the polisher!

dragonvoi likes this.
  3. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

What you gonna do with another r1? When gonna be enough is enough?

dragonvoi likes this.
  4. Ralph Marshall

Ralph Marshall Oakley Collector

Another R1? I thought this was his first pair... :gotcha: Hey, dragonvoi - trying to get in touch, but your inbox is full...

5. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Actually that's not too bad, could be a lot worse. You could probably get them out with just a pair of needlenose pliers. The biggest hassle would be having to buy a replacement screw.

7. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yea that definitely could have been way worse. thankfully there is still a good amount of thread exposed to get a hold of and remove it.