1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. David_Oakley

David_Oakley Oakley Enthusiast

My question is whether every single serial number is unique regardless of frame finish (within the same Generation of course).

For instance, say there is a first gen X-metal/Black R1 with serial 053618 (totally randomly). Is there a first gen Titanium frame and Plasma frame with the same serial?

My question also applies/extends to Juliets and XX.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would say yes, but R1 is the only serial frame that doesn't start with a letter.

3. David_Oakley

So a 1st Gen X-metal Juliet would have the same counterpart serial in Plasma and Titanium as well correct?

4. AngelAir

AngelAir Oakley Collector

On the R1's they have unique serials for each finish. Meaning there are, or were 3 different finishes with the same serial numbers. This would be true for all produced up till the lowest production run number. I can't tell the difference in a plasma or titanium finish unless I'm certain it has original lenses. I like the way the Juliet's were serialized to ID the frame and colorways.
    I think most of the Juliet's serials are unique regardless of finish with the prefix and suffix letter codes.
    Although I'm sure someone can show an example to prove that statement wrong. :).
    I'm not familiar with the XX serials.

Last edited: 7/14/14
  5. David_Oakley

Good point on the Juliets and XX for that matter. It didn't register that the letter prefix on those serials uniquely identified them. DUH!! lol

What do you mean by "up till the lowest production run number" (honest question)?

6. AngelAir

AngelAir Oakley Collector

Whichever frame finish was produced in the lowest quantity is what I meant.

David_Oakley likes this.
  7. David_Oakley

Another question that relates to Romeo Serial numbers. On the bar code of the box, I noticed that a serial number that starts with "0" is it denoted by an "A" prefix on the box bar code of the matching serial.

Likewise, I'm assuming the bar code serial starting with a "B" denotes the serial starting with "1" correct? My X-metal R1 is a high serial number 1XXXXX.

The matching box (yes i'm sure it's the matching box) has the number BXXXXX at the bar code.

Can anyone confirm my question?

Thanks

David

8. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

This question directly pertains to the same question I have. Looks like it went unanswered. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited: 5/22/15
  9. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I don't think that's always the case.

10. David_Oakley

I've seen a handful of r1 matched box examples (including a set I owned) where the format held true.

if you think about it, it makes perfect sense actually.

supersharp likes this.