• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Race Low 2 - On Vault Website For $35

I typically wear an 8 in Women's but in these I wear a 6.5, so I guess you could say they run a little small. Because in a Men's shoe I think I should be like a 6.

A half size isn't too big of a deal. There are brands that fit me well in a 13 (such as Oakley), and I've had to go up to a 15 in some others.

Narrow is my big fear. I have a slightly wide forefoot, but I don't order wide widths since I won't have heel lock. And to me the fit of the heel is a lot more important.

I should have mine next week sometime, I'll give you a proper rundown of how they compare size-wise to my SI boots.

Mine arrived today. Very soft uppers, and a very minimalist shoe in terms of fit and sizing.

13 fits me fine. It's what I wear in SI Assault series.

These are a touch narrow, but I wouldn't want them too wide. As is they snug right around your foot. Maybe a touch too much on my left foot (my bigger foot) but with how soft they are and being leather they'll likely stretch a touch and fit real nice

The toe and heel are the only part of the upper with some stiffness.

It's all slush and snow outside so I laced them up with no socks on and jumped in the car to just see how the pedals feel. I don't know if I got distinctly more 'feel' in terms of feedback since the pedals weren't really live, but I can tell I'm going to need to be a lot more deliberate in how I engage them with the flexible soles.

The sleek design did allow me to slip the clutch and brake feet past each other with less interference, and less hangup when they did interfere. Usually driving with Nikes or my SI boots if I'm too close and go to clutch while braking I'll ram my brake foot harder onto the brake. Or when coming off I'll pull the brake foot up a bit and apply less brakes. I don't see that being as much of an issue with these.

I don't know how I'll like them for wearing out and about, but for $35 they're a fun addition.

My only concern is the lace loops. They're sewn fabric loops that I'd be nervous about really wrenching on the laces with. It might be that these don't need to be pulled tight, who knows right now. I'm happy with them for the price.

Mini Review!

Went for a quick trip to the corner gas station to get a Pepsi. I've been working at my desk at home all day and didn't get my caffeine fix.

I definitely like them! They are more comfortable to walk around in than I initially thought they would be. I can feel where the support is in the sole, even though it appears to be solid through there's definitely internal supports in the heel and forefoot.

I was also not very excited about the color when ordering them, but now that they're here I am happy with the color. They don't look bad at all.
9FD268F4-9107-424D-AAD0-3A6F0764B766-5588-00000527F0C7EB1A_zps1e75a3a1.jpg

As for the actual driving they feel different than what I'm used to for sure. I can better feel how I'm rolling the clutch to feather it for take off, but my timing for shifts that I've settled into is now disrupted. And I can definitely feel exactly where my foot is contacting the pedal. I tend to brake moreso with my toes, and I think I have to move it to my arch to get my heel swung out to do any sort of heel/toe work. That'll take some experimenting. Note that this is my first standard transmission car, and I'm about 7 months into ownership having driven autos for over 10 years.

Here they are compared to my 14 Nikes. Definitely slimmer, softer, and tighter (these are 13, if you missed that). I wear the Nikes a lot looser on my feet though.
F4840232-A075-4B28-BA4A-C1AD70D322F4-5588-00000527D5A63585_zps463b80e1.jpg

And in case anyone was confused by my earlier remarks about foot interference between the clutch and brake, here are my size 13 feet crammed into the footwell of a Mini.
D83F5935-756D-4CC9-B176-BC5F03887165-5588-00000527DCD8D07E_zps75dc0767.jpg

To summarize: For $35 if they have your size you're crazy NOT to get these!

Back