• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing Jacket part questions.

ShumaGorath

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
1). Walleva sells bolts with custom colors but makes no distinction between Jawbone and Racing Jacket bolts and there is a slight difference. Anyone trust these? Is there other options?

2) Why are Racing Jacket Icons seemingly hard to find besides the chrome?

3) Is it hard to find replacement jaws for these. (Not a full frame, just the lower jaws)

Final thought: Oakley seems to hide these at the bottom of the site, below every other sport frame and lense support is 2 WTF?

I’ve got a pair of sea foam colored ones. I think it’s just because they’re older it’s getting harder to locate them. You might have luck here!

1). Walleva sells bolts with custom colors but makes no distinction between Jawbone and Racing Jacket bolts and there is a slight difference. Anyone trust these? Is there other options?

2) Why are Racing Jacket Icons seemingly hard to find besides the chrome?

3) Is it hard to find replacement jaws for these. (Not a full frame, just the lower jaws)

Final thought: Oakley seems to hide these at the bottom of the site, below every other sport frame and lense support is 2 WTF?
Thanks for the mention @Beardo0628, you legend.

1. Bolts - The thru bolts on the Jawbones are actually one-quarter of a millimeter longer than those in the Racing Jackets, and therefore shouldn’t be swapped. It seems infinitesimal, but that added length can cause stripping if you put thru bolts for Jawbones into your Racing Jackets or Split Jackets. I believe that the RJs and the Split/Wind Jacket bolts are the same

2. I’ll tag you in a sale post and also the fan page.

3. put in a WTB. There are Jaws around. Worse case, you need to get them painted. Hard to find specific colours sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll take it on #1 there is no way we can trust those bolts from Walleva. I knew of the size difference due to the guides here (so thankful for this resource). I take it Walleva doesnt have a rep here or sponser the forum.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll take it on #1 there is no way we can trust those bolts from Walleva. I knew of the size difference due to the guides here (so thankful for this resource). I take it Walleva doesnt have a rep here or sponser the forum.
Many people use then interchangeably. It’s fine to do so, but best be careful and don’t overtighten.

I don’t see the difference of thru bolts on my Racing Jacket and Jawbone and haven’t interchange them yet.

Were Racing Jacket icons a unique size or something? Like the OP above, icons are impossible to find and very little info on whether they were cross compatible with something else.

Back