• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Racing/Water Jacket Collection

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I found one pair of these on GL a few months back and for some reason I really enjoy collecting them. Looks like I have enough black already! Can anyone tell me is it easy to tell the difference between the Gen1 and Gen2? The white frames I just got today and they seem to be a bit smaller but it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. The frames above the white on the right are grey.

0A39F68A-A79A-494F-BCB8-4361F6979F4E_zps8h9olixd.jpg

I found one pair of these on GL a few months back and for some reason I really enjoy collecting them. Looks like I have enough black already! Can anyone tell me is it easy to tell the difference between the Gen1 and Gen2? The white frames I just got today and they seem to be a bit smaller but it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. The frames above the white on the right are grey.

View attachment 222081
Beautiful. :)

Frame colors are: left front-fmj red, fmj electric blue, polished chrome, black chrome, red chrome, snow jungle 2, polished white w/ blue oakley & socks, matte black, snow jungle 1, painted yellow right front-dark grey, fmj 5.56, dark chrome, fmj platinum, bronze, new blue, jet black, red, pearl. Lots of different lenses...

@Moneygrip do you have gen 1 and gen 2 frames? If so any chance you can post a picture of them side by side for comparison?

Thanks

These are all gen 2 frames. I know gen 1 is bigger, it's not by a huge amount but significantly enough so that lenses don't work between the two. You can tell if you have them next to each other, if all else fails pop the lenses and compare those.

These are all gen 2 frames. I know gen 1 is bigger, it's not by a huge amount but significantly enough so that lenses don't work between the two. You can tell if you have them next to each other, if all else fails pop the lenses and compare those.

Trevor, right? I think the Dark Grey frame came from me, maybe 10 years ago(?). It all started with a lens swap. When I received your lenses I realised I had a gen1 RJ, cause they didn't fit.
Still have some of the lenses from you.
0ded5add7a85ea3efa9b5b11d855da90.jpg

9b31cea7bdf0bffb211fa948753a9f07.jpg

dbbb1a8cd800e6d2344a3164107fa4d4.jpg

Same frame with different lenses (blues, +red and gold)
2006 was a good year (damn, I'm getting old).
f7c7539788576f0fcd7f814b9e12edaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back