1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

I have acquired some Racing / Water Jacket lenses (gen 1). But would like to double check, can someone measure their lenses with a digital caliper? Am I correct in assuming they are the same?

What I got are Black Iridium non-vented.

Thanks!
    Also heard these were rare as hens teeth!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

they are rare. if its a racing and water jacket lens its a Gen2, because water jackets were only released in the gen2 racing jacket. grn1 racing jackets were larger (orbital wise)

3. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

Racing / Water Jacket Lenses - Measurements? - racingjacket01.jpg Racing / Water Jacket Lenses - Measurements? - racingjacket02.jpg Racing / Water Jacket Lenses - Measurements? - racingjacket03.jpg Racing / Water Jacket Lenses - Measurements? - racingjacket04.jpg

With these pics, is there any chance you can tell which ones these are, if they are?

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

those look more like monster dog lenses to me..

and sorry, i dont have my racing jacket with me! haha its back in australia. im sure someone else will chip in here.

5. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

Yeah, actually the guy I got them from just hit me up and thinks he might have gotten them mixed up. Anyone willing to check?

6. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

62x35 is correct? Not sure, I think MD lenses are 62x34.
    I bet it's a Straight Jacket II lens.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

to me the shape looks off, so... get him to send thru pics of what he thinks are the right lenses..?