• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Radar Pitch lenses on RadarLock frame?

kublaiboy

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I'm a newbie here. Hello everyone.

I recently broke my Radar frame. I was given a pair of RadarLock VR28s over X-mas. I already have a set of Radar Pitch lenses including iridium PL lenses. So I want to continue to use those great Radar Pitch lenses. I don't know if the Radar Pitch lenses work on the RadarLock frames. I would think they might not be compatible. If I force it, it might damage the locking/hooking mechanism on the RadarLock. Also, I don't know if the RadarLock nose bridge is the same as the Radar.

Does anyone know if Radar Pitch lenses are compatible with RadarLock frames?

Thanks.

Shaun

It's hit or miss, Shaunannigans

When I first started buying up Oakleys (almost 3 years ago on this forum), I had about 3 Radars and 3 RadarLocks (I've given most away to my family members lol)...

At one point, I could swap both OEM Radar Path lenses into the RadarLock frames and vice versa, but there was one RadarLock lens that just didn't want to fit...

It was a vented Jade Path for RadarLock that wouldn't fit into the regular Radar...

But the vented +Red Iridium for RadarLock WOULD fit into my Radar...

It was weird...just gotta see if it fits man...

Oakley didn't have the best QA/QC dept so there have always been fitment questions, even on XMetal frames...

P.S.
I know you were asking about "Pitch", but I'm thinking the same theory applies: just see if it works

All you have to do is open the lock mechanism, open the ear stem and lay the Pitch lens in place...since it's a RadarLock, it will be easy to place it across the bridge...

Then, all you gotta do is slowly close the ear stem and see if the locking mechanism closes...

Simple as that...if it feels as if doesn't close 100%, test it out by shaking the frame over your bed...if the lock stays closed and the lenses stay on, the lock is locking it enough to where it's not going to fall out...

And even if the locking mechanism is loose, it's almost impossible for the lens to pop out unless you open the ear stem...

Good luck dude :)

Back