• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real or Fake Gen 4 (make that Gen 5) Juliets

kjcolumbo

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I’ll start this off by saying I know a few things to look for, like the split at the hinge, torx bolts, etc, but I’m not an X-metal expert. I also know if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

But, I decided to take a punt on these and see what happens. Looking up the model number, I know it is Carbon with Black Iridium Polarized, but lenses can always be swapped.

So, are they legit, or did I make a bad call?
IMG_5583.jpeg
IMG_5584.jpeg
IMG_5585.jpeg
IMG_5586.jpeg
IMG_5587.jpeg
IMG_5588.jpeg
IMG_5589.jpeg
IMG_5590.jpeg

Last edited:
Next time post your question here.

Next time post your question here.
Sorry! I was looking for that one, but couldn’t find it (yes, search function). It’s been a while since I was last on and first time really asking about X metals.

I was also a bit excited because I feel like I got these on a really good price, so all rational thinking was gone.

I’ll start this off by saying I know a few things to look for, like the split at the hinge, torx bolts, etc, but I’m not an X-metal expert. I also know if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

But, I decided to take a punt on these and see what happens. Looking up the model number, I know it is Carbon with Black Iridium Polarized, but lenses can always be swapped.

So, are they legit, or did I make a bad call?
View attachment 1125523View attachment 1125524View attachment 1125525View attachment 1125526View attachment 1125527View attachment 1125528View attachment 1125529View attachment 1125530
They look right. And the inside of that box looks like mine, sooooo . . . 😒😂

Well, I’m feeling good about it now. They were $133 total on Mercari. Between the price and the model number not matching the lens color on O-Review, I was concerned. I’ll post some pics when they arrive to confirm before I accept it.

Well, I’m feeling good about it now. They were $133 total on Mercari. Between the price and the model number not matching the lens color on O-Review, I was concerned. I’ll post some pics when they arrive to confirm before I accept it.
So that was a scam listing... I only know because I bought another listing from that same seller but. later found the same legit listing on eBay with same pictures from a seller who is a forum member so I reported mine to Mercari with the link to the listing that scammer stole from. I also commented on your listing to warn you. Sorry to bring a sad end to this thread :( You may have already received a refund, I have...

So that was a scam listing... I only know because I bought another listing from that same seller but. later found the same legit listing on eBay with same pictures from a seller who is a forum member so I reported mine to Mercari with the link to the listing that scammer stole from. I also commented on your listing to warn you. Sorry to bring a sad end to this thread :( You may have already received a refund, I have...
I went back and saw a bunch of the other items were taken down, so I kinda had a feeling. Oh well!

Back