• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RED.COM

I am going to tweak that above post tonight, so it is all inclusive. Wrote it in a hurry and there is alot of information. Some might argue some of the points, but I am trying not to be biased in writing it.

I will update what I wrote. The jist is there, just got tired of writing. I was not entirely correct on the lines of Information = 1080p etc. I knew that I just didnt feel like looking up the exact number and explaining it. I will get this corrected, so that I am fully accurate in what I am saying. I like to think that I am fairly knowledgable about it, just would hate for Jim, or someone like him, to read it, and say I am wrong, without being able to defend myself. So will update within 24hours to make it totally correct. Those of you who have read or are reading it, please check back I will add more to what I have already done. Thanks

The Pioneer Plasmas in the late 2000's still hold the best pic.. Who keeps a tv 8 years now anyway..

I do.. I still have my 60" Pioneer Elite plasma. I bought it about 9 years ago, list was $12999. Found it on sale at Best Buy for $9499. I had a 15% coupon, and after $300 in rewards a steel at about $8000. Awesome picture quality, still looks the same as when I bought it. $1000 a year!
Nice write up IH.

I got the 50" Kuro- Pioneer Plasma back in 2008. Best Buy messed up and got some type of glue on the screen and side, and listed it for $500. I used elbow grease on a microfiber cloth and rubbed it all out. They were pissed when I showed it to them, when I went back for the stand. I love it, along with my 1080p panasonic 50". Best pics ever. THE calibration that BB offers is really a good buy. Especially if you use rewards for it. It really helps the picture out a lot. Just informing, the masses. ITs not a gimmick.

Red cameras are awesome and have taken over Hollywood. I'm editing a documentary right now shot on a Red Epic at 5K.

I can't believe technology has changed for just about two years. Reading at the post they were still mentioning plasma Tvs now it's 4k uhd and IT IS STUNNING.

Latest Posts

Back