• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Red Dial Minute Machine

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Yeah man, I got screwed. Carlos has been here for a long time, and has a lot of positive feedback, albeit a few negative ones. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and gifted him the payment. FAIL on my part, as now I'm out $300 and have nothing to show for it, except for the frustrations of my PMs getting ignored.
He ran his course on the Facebook buyers and sellers group as well. I traded him a Wiretap and a carbon blade, both brand new. After a week of giving me the run around on shipping my stuff, he tells me my package got crushed and it was returned to him. He couldn't provide pics, though.
He offered some flak jackets and a Thump that didn't even work. When I finally got them after 2 weeks, it was another disappointment.
I've done deals with him in the past that went smooth, not sure what got into him.

Some people reacted to this post.
EDIT: I posted about the wrong member. I am sorry but I have not dealt with oakleyandi.

That's horrible. I was contemplating buying this watch, I am glad I didn't. Is he banned yet?

Username Hidden said:
That's horrible. I was contemplating buying this watch, I am glad I didn't. Is he banned yet?
Nope hes online right now but still hasn't bothered to reply since wednesday...
he's a "Real high quality member!!" :lolsign:

From my understanding his exchange access has been restricted for now... Personaly id like to have my paypal dispute / case closed before he's banned from the community... so that I can reference all my communications with him....

Username Hidden said:
Nope hes online right now but still hasn't bothered to reply since wednesday...
he's a "Real high quality member!!" :lolsign:

From my understanding his exchange access has been restricted for now... Personaly id like to have my paypal dispute / case closed before he's banned from the community... so that I can reference all my communications with him....

Good news are that Paypal will give your money back. They will ask him for proof of shipment and since he won't be able to produce one they will decide in your favor. Good luck.

always using PayPal fees and learn my story here and always had doubts eventhough the seller is a premium members or even good reputable seller.

Username Hidden said:
EDIT: I posted about the wrong member. I am sorry but I have not dealt with oakleyandi.
You might want to edit your original post. Not fair to leave it and edit this one.
@thisguy

Beware certain sellers that share the same PayPal address.
Especially Indonesians.

Username Hidden said:
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate to deal with members such as him. At least you paid the fees and are covered under Paypal Buyer Protection. I bought a PB from @oakleyandi back in March that was in bad condition when I received it. I sent it back for a refund and he never refunded me, and stopped replying to my PMs, but continues to make trades on the forum. Now I'm out $300 because I gifted him the payment. I've learned my lesson. I'm sorry that happened to you @CarGuy.
I noticed you haven't left him any feedback to warn potential future traders of your experience. Feedback systems only work if utilized.

Username Hidden said:
I noticed you haven't left him any feedback to warn potential future traders of your experience. Feedback systems only work if utilized.
You're right, I was withholding my feedback hoping not to deter him even further from refunding me the funds that are owed to me. I didn't realize until this weekend that you could actually edit feedback in case a resolution is met. I was going to give him a little more time since I hadn't seen him on here in a while, up until recently with his latest trades. This may not be the best way to do it, but my main concern is getting my money back, then warning potential future buyers/traders.