1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

Anyone ever have a discoloration on an X metal coin? It's red. Almost looks like red dye. Any idea of how to remove it Red Discoloration On X Metal Coin - yrymemed.jpg Red Discoloration On X Metal Coin - tajejuta.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Vinegar water solution.

3. Hando

Hando Oakley Enthusiast

Nothing with Acetone, No nail polish remover, no Brake Fluid, No terpentine... Best stick with Salj's idea, or maybe simple green, but DO not get it near the actual paint. Maybe q-tip it. This coming from years and years and years of experience with Warhammer 40k Models.

4. lawman0210

What about baking soda?

5. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Scared me at first, thought it could be the IH I sent you, but still en route. Have you tried anything yet? Just a mild cleaner, soap and water? The metal part could handle some stronger cleaner but I would be real careful with the text and purple enamel. Possibly Goof Off with a Q Tip. Not sure but baking soda, might be abrasive and polish the metal.

6. lawman0210

Thanks all! I used a water/vinegar 50/50 mix. Although it was helping it was still there I took a bit of Baking soda and added it rubbing slowly in a circular motion with a Qtip. Red Discoloration On X Metal Coin - da8u3u5a.jpg

Boy sniper and salj838 like this.
  7. Boy sniper

Boy sniper Oakley Collector

Look better than before