1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. andrewj

andrewj Oakley Beginner

Hi,
    I have an old and much-loved pair of M-Frames which are exactly the right size and shape for my face. Unfortunately the lenses have broken, and I need to either buy a new pair, or replace the lenses.

The key problem is that the lenses are much deeper than anything in the current Oakley catalogue: from the top of the lens to the bottom of the "M" they are 5.7cm, which is a good 0.7cm deeper than the best current alternative, the Hybrid. I have got a pair of Hybrids, but they just let too much light in at the bottom.

Can anyone please tell me which model my older lenses belong to, and ideally suggest where I can source either a new pair, or some replacement lenses?

Thanks
    Andrew

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Sounds like a heater lens, can you post a pic of the broken lens?

3. andrewj

andrewj Oakley Beginner

Hi,
    Thanks for the very prompt reply! Here it is:

Replace Old M Frame Lenses - IMG_0975.jpg

Andrew

4. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Yup, thats a heater. You can wait a bit and get your post count up to pick up something here or just hit ebay, lots available. Just watch out for the fake lenses.

5. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

7. Sunglass Shack

Sunglass Shack Oakley Enthusiast

If you are interested I would get them now through Oakley.com. I just checked my dealer B2B portal and the only ones available for any dealer to buy is clear, HT persimmon and gold iridium. That's it. So get it now before it's gone forever!

8. andrewj

andrewj Oakley Beginner

Thanks all for the information. I've managed to find a replacement lens on eBay as a start, and if that works I will get some spares before they disappear!
    Andrew