• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing Lenses

aeteri

Oakley Beginner
Russia
Hello guys. I'm new on this forum so maybe I've missed some info. I have Oakley Penny Sunglasses and one lens got a little scratch on it so I'm thinking about buying brand new ones and replacing them. However I don't exactly know how to do it and I'm not sure if I can do it by myself. Anyone have any experience in this? Please share some info. Thanks

It's pretty simple - you just need a T6 torx. Just be careful not to strip the screw and not to lose the gaskets.

Also, I haven't been following on here long enough to know what availability or pricing is like, but I have a set of new in box VR28 Black Iridium lenses for Penny. I'm guessing genuine Oakley lenses are pretty tough to find for Penny.

I still don't get it how you remove the lenses after you unscrew it, it seems like pretty solid construction.. As for new lenses I saw few on ebay for around 70$

I still don't get it how you remove the lenses after you unscrew it, it seems like pretty solid construction.. As for new lenses I saw few on ebay for around 70$

When you loosen the screw, the orbital will start to open up. Make sure you don't drop the screw or the black rubber gasket. Once the screw is completely loosened up spread open the orbital enought to pop the lens out the front of the frame. Reinstall new lens from the front, hold orbital enough to reinsert screw and begin to tighten the screw, make sure the gasket is still in place.... Dont over tighten the screw, make sure it's snug.

You'll also find that some lenses are in there pretty snug! So you might need to use a little force to loosen them! I took the Ice lenses out of my 1st Gen. Plasma Juliet's today and they were the hardest pair I've ever had to take it! They didn't want to budge so I'm guessing they had never been removed since they were originally made!

You'll also find that some lenses are in there pretty snug! So you might need to use a little force to loosen them! I took the Ice lenses out of my 1st Gen. Plasma Juliet's today and they were the hardest pair I've ever had to take it! They didn't want to budge so I'm guessing they had never been removed since they were originally made!

I just went through this with my 2nd gen Juliet's. I am taking them apart to clean and the lenses did not want to budge for anything!

I just replaced my Ice lenses in my Pennies with custom Dr. Chop Ice Polorized....I always loved these glasses but stopped wearing them due to not be polarized....Now that has changed...Thanks Dr. Chop.......

Back