• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Resell Oakley Plaintiff OO4057-13. Issue with lenses??

fiveteeo

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I bought a pair of Oakley Plaintiff Matte Black/Fire Iridium (Serial : OO4057-13) in a second hand market website in very good state including lenses.
As this Plaintiff shape doesn't fit my face (too large, not tight enough), I decided to resell them in the same website.
Here are 2 photos when I've succeeded to sell them :
1664617498362.png
1664617510210.png

When the new owner of the glasses has received the glasses, he accepted the deals (1 month ago) and the transaction has been finalized.

Yesterday he wrote me again as he has issues with the lenses.
He says the lenses are not original ones as part of the fire iridium has been removed.
He sent me pictures likes these and said I try to scam him.
1664617746694.png
1664617767554.png

So my questions are :
- to get this lenses issues like in photos, I think the new owner has done bad moves with the glasses (fallen in the ground?). Is it possible to get this without any clumsiness?
- This oalkey pair is old and vintage. Is it possible that original old lenses have this kind of "natural" damage?

Thanks for your reply

To me it looks like he dropped them pretty hard on the top based on the lines in the Iridium pointing to an impact point. I've never seen this happen before and I've worn and dropped a lot of shades.

To me, it looks like an entirely different pair. Your pictures showed scuffs on the top right lens right on the frame. The pictures he provided doesn't have that

Looks like they were starting to delaminate and the new owner made it worse trying to take them out.
Is it me or does it look like a big thumbprint right under the damage.

Last edited:
Looks like they were stating to delaminate and the new owner made it worse trying to take them out.
Is it me or does it look like a big thumbprint right under the damage.
yeah, the new owner lets its fingerprints... I know there exist "fingerprints" models but in this current case, it is too much 🤣

yeah, the new owner lets its fingerprints... I know there exist "fingerprints" models but in this current case, it is too much 🤣
I don't think the lenses are real. There is no base color to them. It is clear base rather than an amber or a gray base as they should have. I feel like a switch was made, but that is just one man's opinion

Back