• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

rg plating and 24k refinishing x-metals

nicosauve1

I should Work at Oakley
Humboldt County, CA
Hello all,
I am posting this because I have a pair of xx's that have been refinished to 24k, which means cerakoted..and cerakote is great and everything but it's not right.

The plasma is too dark, the 24k is too dark, and as I have experienced cerakote wears through first on the tips of stems then on the orbitals where they meet your face over time..probably not healthy..

So, does anyone have the capability of replicating oem plasma/24k for an oem quality refinish job?
or am I just getting these polished?

Once polished if going that way, does anyone do rose gold plating?
I have seen services offered for 24k yellow and copper plating multiple times, but never once rose gold. Can anyone do it please raise your hand to me if you can help. I'd get them hyperpolished before submitting them for plating.

Thanks in advance
Nico

Hello all,
I am posting this because I have a pair of xx's that have been refinished to 24k, which means cerakoted..and cerakote is great and everything but it's not right.

The plasma is too dark, the 24k is too dark, and as I have experienced cerakote wears through first on the tips of stems then on the orbitals where they meet your face over time..probably not healthy..

So, does anyone have the capability of replicating oem plasma/24k for an oem quality refinish job?
or am I just getting these polished?

Once polished if going that way, does anyone do rose gold plating?
I have seen services offered for 24k yellow and copper plating multiple times, but never once rose gold. Can anyone do it please raise your hand to me if you can help. I'd get them hyperpolished before submitting them for plating.

Thanks in advance
Nico
@zwc0442 For rose gold potential.

the too-dark plasma was a result of bead blasting and while it is beautiful work, it is not oem plasma. I have opted for "bright plasma" or a lighter brighter metal type color of cerakote before which has been pretty beautiful but again it's cerakote, not oem plasma, and it wears through after a while.
What I want he cannot provide and he doesn't do polishing or plating.

the too-dark plasma was a result of bead blasting and while it is beautiful work, it is not oem plasma. I have opted for "bright plasma" or a lighter brighter metal type color of cerakote before which has been pretty beautiful but again it's cerakote, not oem plasma, and it wears through after a while.
What I want he cannot provide and he doesn't do polishing or plating.
Damn

lol

A perfect 24k restoration starts with plasma frames and the cerakote gold is a perfect match to oem gold.

20211204_123547.jpg

Back