1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Set of original black lenses...spider cracks at the very top but not too bad....rest of the lenses are very good with no scratches that effect vision or are visible when on face. What would be a reasonable asking price?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I would say with the cracks no more than $60-$70 since you can get brand new customs for $125 or so but that's just MO

3. FXD

FXD Oakley Beginner

Even cracked OEM lenses would have to be worth more than custom ones? Where else are you going to get 'X-METAL' etched on the left lens?

4. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

Oh there are ways to get them etched!!!:cool:

5. FXD

FXD Oakley Beginner

It's not the same though.

Factory original all the way.

6. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I'm talking about getting Oakley lenses cut and if there's a big ass crack in them there not worth that much

7. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

you can get FACTORY oakley lenses and have them cut down so that is pretty damn original enough for me! which I will be doing very soon.

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Yeah I mean you can get custom cut lenses made from Oakley donor lenses for other models from various sources, including Dr. Chop here on the boards for around $100. I just got a pair of Ruby's from him for the R1 (and have Ice and Black Iridium Polarized on order) and you can't really tell the difference between them and something straight from the factory even on the edges...much less installed. Only reason someone would want them is if they DO want the original lenses and with the etching etc. I've listed them in the for sale section and included best offer---I'm not going to use them ever so no reason to have them lying around if someone else wants them.