• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Lenses Gen?

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Finally decided to install these on my Carbon Juliet (got them on a deal with a plasma juliet), they look awesome. But I'm not entierly sure which gen are they. I'm sure they ain't Frubys, I think they're 2nd gen (more redder yellow, less purple), what do you guys think?
Thanks

Ps. Please tell me I'm wrong and they are 1st gen

image.jpg

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

Last edited:
TBH it can be called first or second gen depending how you want to see it. First, second or higher generations when it comes to Ruby Iridium is an entirely made up term by a scalper from back in the day that newer collectors just ended up adopting since they didn't know better. Since it's all made up, everyone has different ideas of what it means. Your idea of it is about as valid as anyone else's since it doesn't officially exist.

Thanks for the answer, I just enated to see if they would be worthy of an XM frame. I see purple to the middle of the lense, but since I've never seen in person the real XM juliets, I just wanted to see if they are close to the originals

Don't forget that X-Metal frames aren't as dark as Carbon, so what you are seeing is an exaggerated contrast: what do they look like in an X-Metal frame?

Don't forget that X-Metal frames aren't as dark as Carbon, so what you are seeing is an exaggerated contrast: what do they look like in an X-Metal frame?
Sadly I don't have and XMetal frame yet (working on it). I know the carbon might be too much, but its either that, a polished, or a 1st gen plasma, I guess carbon fits better than the others

Last edited:
You've a decent amount of purple in those so i'd say they were on the earlier side of production. 'First gens' as stated above as the adopted term, varied considerably from batch to batch so I wouldn't be overly concerned with the actual generation. They're a good lens with a nice amount of colour in them.

Back