• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX Os Maybe?

qBan

The Hijinxer
Louisville, KY
sorry if i posted this in the wrong section but i couldnt find anything where to post about RX glasses.

So tomorrow (well today since is past midnight) am going to the eye doctor because i need to use prescription glasses for when am reading or staring at the computer for too long. Im just going to the doctor where my brother goes. Im hoping they have some oakley frames. If they dont well ill have to settle with something else. Will keep this thread updated after i comeback.

*Mods feel free to move this to the right section*

Remember that you can take your prescription with you and shop around for glasses. I've been doing that myself trying to find someone carrying the IH Paperclip, no luck so far.

Unless you have a weird restriction on your policy you aren't required to buy glasses from the office you got your prescription from, I usually don't and I've never had an issue with the insurance.
It's worth looking into, wouldn't want you to have to settle for a non-O.

I've bought two pairs of O Rx off eBay and my insurance reimbursed me... I just had to fax them proof of purchase.

I did run into a bit of trouble with my RX Spikes though.... I bought the wider frame and they couldn't get my PD (pupil distance) dialed.
So they got me a new nose bridge and fixed me up!

I use my local LensCrafters...

utf-8BSU1BRzEwNDEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwNDIuanBn.jpg

That's great, I never thought to try to get reimbursed for an eBay purchase. It's looking like I'll have to go that route for the IH Paperclip.

So i ended up going to my appointment at 2pm this afternoon. I got there and the dilated my pupils and all that and it was bad lol, i couldnt see a damn thing my bro had to help me choose the frames and all that. I couldnt go with any oakley frames because 1- they didnt have any 2- my insurance only covers $115 towards a frame. When they tested my vision with that machine with a bunch of lens and all that, my problem is that i cant see well from far. Here i was thinking it was from close up, but thats what it ended up being. I picked a frame they had from their stock i guess. i dont know what brand they are or anything i didnt care either as long as i fit me fine and look decent. Well ill have them im 7 to 10 days.

I got a set of eyeglasses about 4 years ago. The company I was working for paid for a set of safety glasses and I just needed an eye exam. I walked in to a place and the wait time was a bit long so one of the ladies was showing me different frames. I figured I could start wearing glasses some of the time and wanted a better looking frame than the safety ones. She was just bringing me stuff and I chose one I liked. Ended up being a Sean John designer frame that was like $500. HAH.

I'll get laser surgery before I start wearing Rx specs. I love wearing my Oakleys but I HATE wearing Rx frames.

Back