• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scuba Juliet restored thanks to forum

Dieseltech

Titanium Collector
Premium Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So this is how I found this Juliet. It was setting on the bottom of a river about half buried in mud. It was almost gone forever.
I would guess also if most people in the general public, would have found them they would have just thought they were a broken pair of sunglasses, and left them on the bottom of that river.
When I found them they must have been down there for years. They were missing a arm, the finish was all scratched up and looked very worn. All the nose bridge rubber was gone, and when I removed the ear stem rubber it just crumbled.

This Awesome forum ( my O-brothers) stepped up and brought this thing back to life. @#1 Stunna! started the whole thing by donating some new OEM rubber, @X-Metal Beast sent me a arm. It was damaged and I didn't use it but the contribution was still there. Thank you. @LinusOBerlin sent me some lenses which look amazing in this frame. @xmetalmaniac offered to cut me some lenses as well. I thanked him for the Awesome offer but Linus had already sent me some.
@thisguy sent me this cool bag with a diver on it. Very appropriate bag for them.
Finally @jdd32 OMG I can't believe what he did to this frame! He replaced the arm, tuned it and refinished the frame. He charged me almost nothing for this service. Postage and the arm only.
I can't tell you how good this thing looks. It really looks and feels like a brand new pair. If I could go back in time to a O-store I would not be able to tell them apart from a brand new pair.
I would highly recommend him for any X-metal restoration! They are a brand new pair.

Latest Posts

Back