• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

September 11th...we Remember.

hereispunishment

I should Work at Oakley
Big ol Texas
Just wanted to say I give my deepest condolences to all the members here and everyone else who lost someone special on this day 13 years ago. A prayer has been said for each of you and may this day keep everyone United and appreciate the loved ones we have close to us everyday. I also would like to acknowledge all the armed forces that make huge sacrifices, not only with their lives, but anyone who is affected by their dedication and service to help make this country and the world a much safer and better place. Thank you and God bless.

Speaking of those asked to make huge sacrifices that day and onward, here's an interesting article with a story I hadn't heard before - two F-16 pilots were ordered to crash into United 93 because their fighters couldn't be armed in time. But the United 93 passengers took care of business first:

http://news.yahoo.com/american-f-16-pilot-given-kamikaze-mission-sept-160215167.html
I'm no military man by any means... But why crash (kamikaze) when they could have no doubt used weapons?

I'm no military man by any means... But why crash (kamikaze) when they could have no doubt used weapons?

They had just finished two weeks of training and all of the aircraft were still loaded with dummy ammo, would have taken an hour to arm them. No time.

These days two aircraft are always kept fully armed with on-call pilots nearby.

Back