• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I keep original stickers on lenses?

WtC

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
I got a few pairs with lenses I don't intend to wear. I replace them with my favorite ones.

Some of the original lenses got the original factory attached stickers on their surface.

Should I leave them in place for a possible future sale? Should I remove them to save the lenses coatings? What did you experience with that?

Thanks for your help.

IMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

It has been said it will cause a spot underneath to not discolor when the rest of the lens coating does so take them off
I can attest to this. I once bought a pair from a vault that had been around for awhile and it had a spot when I peeled the sticker off. Not bad to the point it affected my vision, but when looking AT the lens you could see it if looking closely.

Thanks guys. When exposed to light, i.e. if the sunglasses are worn or showcased, they may change color a bit. But what if the pairs are stored in a dark place (like most are I assume)? I'm considering this 'cause sometimes a vintage Oakley you're after still got the stickers on it. Should you refrain from purchasing it? Does the type of coating make a difference?

Back