• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

New build for 2017.

2017 56cm Cannondale Caad 12 105. Stripped all 105 components and rebuilt with Ultegra and Fulcrum wheels.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 2.37.25 PM.png

Finished off my 2017 build:

2017 Caad 12 105
Stripped of 105 and rebuilt with ultegra
Hylix Carbon Seatpost
3T Ergonova Team bars
3T 150mm -17 Stem
Fizik Arione white/green

Bontrager XXX light cages

Look Keo pedals
Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels
Chinese 50mm Carbon Tubulars
7.4kgs with tubulars (56cm)

View attachment 295618
Cannondale brother welcome :D BTW that's a very nice wheel stand...O inspired :D?

Nice pickup and nice time to revisit this thread.

Been considering getting a trainer since my work hours are ****. Looking at direct drives because I don't want to continuously waste on tires. Only problem is prices are still a tier above regular trainers. Looking at the cheaper ones, yet at the same time I've been on a garbo trainer before and that really made my pedaling rhythm wonky.

Been considering getting a trainer since my work hours are ****. Looking at direct drives because I don't want to continuously waste on tires. Only problem is prices are still a tier above regular trainers. Looking at the cheaper ones, yet at the same time I've been on a garbo trainer before and that really made my pedaling rhythm wonky.

I'd look at a local shop near the spring for a smart trainer (if you're looking at direct drive). The Wahoo Kickr, Tacx and alike are really nice, although expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt Kinetic. I hate the Mother Effer but it's perfect. Longest I can go is 45 minutes at a clip then I've got to stop for a little while. I HATE indoor riding. I have "trainer" tires on older rear wheels that I use for it. I strap in my time trial bike and have at it. Let's me shift through all gears, front and rear. Using my bike and seat as I ride it outside, no changes necessary.
Worth every penny.

Kurt Kinetic. I hate the Mother Effer but it's perfect. Longest I can go is 45 minutes at a clip then I've got to stop for a little while. I HATE indoor riding. I have "trainer" tires on older rear wheels that I use for it. I strap in my time trial bike and have at it. Let's me shift through all gears, front and rear. Using my bike and seat as I ride it outside, no changes necessary.
Worth every penny.

For the longest time the Rock n' Roll was on the bucket list, but I found myself in a position where I still had time to ride outside regularly. Still seems like one of the smartest ideas by design. Current sights on are the Elite Muin Turbo. Price, fluid resistance, apparently it's stupid-quiet in general. Waiting for spring discounts (Giro time perhaps) as @EP3RR said likely opens up options.

Last trainer I used was a very old magnetic Performance Bike unit from my uncle. Sure enough it was collecting dirt over the time he didn't use it, but it pretty much got run into the ground under me. Awful, and like I said probably screwed with my pedaling rhythm a bit, but that + no fan for hour stints redefined suffering. As someone who actually doesn't sweat much, I was messing up my bar tape during that Winter+Spring. Only upside is I could drop onto the bike without worrying about balance.

Latest Posts

Back