• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Showing my initial run Juliet's recently refurbed... Let me know what you think?

Slowbo

Oakley Beginner
Afternoon all..

Glad I found this place, been looking for people who are as passionate about Oakley sunglasses as myself!

So, I bout these back in the early 2000's, I think, from memory, I got them on Ebay second hand, but I can't be sure of that, was a few years ago now..

I also owned a pair of Penny, which i preferred, so these just kind of fell into disrepair...

I recently raised these from the dead...

I bought a new rubber kit, I installed new nose bombs, sent them to AlphaOmega to get the rubbers in the nose bridge changed, and put a new pair of ruby, (As close as I can find to Gen1 lenses!) into the frames... I also changed all the stainless steel screws...

I also bought some side blinders from the states, which makes all the difference aesthetically in my opinion...

I'm very happy, just annoyed about the scratch on the side... Any ideas how I can get rid of this scratch, do I have any options?

Let me know your thoughts, I'd be interested to see how much they are worth... Quite a low serial number, X005837... although I doubt I would sell... Loving having them back too much!!

All comments welcome...

Peter.

Juliet 1.jpg

Juliet 2.jpg

Juliet 3.jpg

Juliet 4.jpg

juliet 5.jpg

Juliet serial.jpg

Not normally a fan of side blinders but they look good here. I see 2 options for the scratch: find an auto touch up paint in the same shade and fill it in otherwise the whole orbital/whole orbitals/nose will need media blasting to even that out. I'd bo the first with a very fine brush and see where it winds up. GL!

Not normally a fan of side blinders but they look good here. I see 2 options for the scratch: find an auto touch up paint in the same shade and fill it in otherwise the whole orbital/whole orbitals/nose will need media blasting to even that out. I'd bo the first with a very fine brush and see where it winds up. GL!
I'll try and find the same shade paint, does anyone here have any idea as to what the shade is?

Peter

Too scared to mess up the lenses. That's why I don't wear them.
Are they the original Ruby lenses then? Don't look dark enough from that picture, but it might be the light messing with the colours! Are they 1st Generation?

Back