• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sizing in mm Crosshair v Crosshair 2012

Chris A Hardaway

The Man Loves to Chop 'Em.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
West Coast, USA
Anyone know the actual eye size of the original Crosshair (1.0)??? I'm looking for the measurement in millimeters (mm) of a single lens. I've read other threads but haven't found this answer. I believe the Crosshair 2012 is 61mm wide.

Thanks to all, especially any owners who can just read it off the frame (bridge?) for me!

Crosshair 2012 is marked as 61mm.
Crosshair 1.0, on my black chrome frame has no marking, but BY EYE also measures 61mm.
If no more accurate measurement is forthcoming from the acolytes, I could ship you the 1.0s for your measurement, as eventually I'd like another lens set...

Last edited:
Chris I'm not sure what version these are since I'm not into Crosshairs, but I did bring my Crosshair Ducati today, their SKU is 004060-09, and the bridge says 61mm.

I went ahead and ordered two set of lenses 8.75 Base Curve, OEM Ruby and Fire for the Crosshair 1.0
I know it'll be bigger than the Crosshair S (I'm a rocket scientist with that one people). I read somewhere they were same 61mm as the Crosshair oo4060, But I don't trust that info. I will try to post an update for others here with the actual measured size! PS- If large enough these will turn into Romeo Cuts... Of course!

Hey Ya'll I got a Crosshair set of lenses in from @OakManTX
We thought they were Crosshair 1.0 lenses, but they only measure 60-61mm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and just say they must be Crosshair 2012 lenses. Because @Sun & Sand already linked to a photo of the 1.0 with a 63mm stamped temple. So I'm going to stand by the above results, but I'm disappointed the Crosshair 2012 isn't big enough to make Romeo custom cuts. It will do XX X-metal cuts however, which is Almost as cool.

Latest Posts

Back